Why did Apple drop the option to have the clicker only heard through headphones?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mdzwolf, Nov 17, 2005.

1. mdzwolf macrumors member

Hey everyone I just bought a new 5G iPod and I love it. I was just wondering if anybody knew why Apple would drop the option have have the clicker only heard through the headphones? I work in an office environment and I don't want to have the external speaker enabled.

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Who knows. Only thing you can do now is turn it off.

3. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I asked the Apple store people last week, and they seemed to be a bit surprised about that. One thing I noticed was that the speaker was significantly quieter than it used to be. It may have been the whole ambient noise thing though. I don't know...

4. skymaXimus macrumors regular

I'm really annoyed that I can't just have it click like the original iPod and not in the headphones. Seriously, what is the deal w/ this?

5. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

I don't know what the deal is, but I recommend you start a petition and file a class action lawsuit. :cool:

6. iHateWindows macrumors 6502

I've never really used that option for a while, but I like it when Apple has all possible options for things. I like to have the clicks playes through the speaker because people will look at my iPod and immediately think I'm cool.