Why did Apple drop the option to have the clicker only heard through headphones?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mdzwolf, Nov 17, 2005.

1. mdzwolf macrumors member

Oct 13, 2005
    Hey everyone I just bought a new 5G iPod and I love it. I was just wondering if anybody knew why Apple would drop the option have have the clicker only heard through the headphones? I work in an office environment and I don't want to have the external speaker enabled.
  2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

Jun 15, 2000
    Who knows. Only thing you can do now is turn it off.
  3. nbs2 macrumors 68030

Mar 31, 2004
    A geographical oddity
    I asked the Apple store people last week, and they seemed to be a bit surprised about that. One thing I noticed was that the speaker was significantly quieter than it used to be. It may have been the whole ambient noise thing though. I don't know...
  4. skymaXimus macrumors regular

Mar 3, 2003
    I'm really annoyed that I can't just have it click like the original iPod and not in the headphones. Seriously, what is the deal w/ this?
  5. alex_ant macrumors 68020

Feb 5, 2002
    All up in your bidness
    I don't know what the deal is, but I recommend you start a petition and file a class action lawsuit. :cool:
  6. iHateWindows macrumors 6502

May 11, 2005
    I've never really used that option for a while, but I like it when Apple has all possible options for things. I like to have the clicks playes through the speaker because people will look at my iPod and immediately think I'm cool.