Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pafko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
So I just transferred my old titanium to a new aluminum running tiger about a week ago. Today I was just sitting there and all of a sudden Entourage's blue viewing bar started scrolling down, deleting messages - it was as though someone was holding the delete button down. It took me a second to realize what was happening and by the time I forced Entourage to quit, I had lost about 300 of 330 messages on my IMAP account.

I checked the account through webmail and all 300 were indeed gone, which is strange. Usually when I delete something out of my Inbox, I have to go into the Deleted Items file and delete them permanently in order for them to come off our school server.

Anyone have any clue what happened here? I haven't done anything to Entourage recently, except yesterday I unchecked the "Send commands to server simultaneously" in account options.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
pafko said:
So I just transferred my old titanium to a new aluminum running tiger about a week ago. Today I was just sitting there and all of a sudden Entourage's blue viewing bar started scrolling down, deleting messages - it was as though someone was holding the delete button down. It took me a second to realize what was happening and by the time I forced Entourage to quit, I had lost about 300 of 330 messages on my IMAP account.

I checked the account through webmail and all 300 were indeed gone, which is strange. Usually when I delete something out of my Inbox, I have to go into the Deleted Items file and delete them permanently in order for them to come off our school server.

Anyone have any clue what happened here? I haven't done anything to Entourage recently, except yesterday I unchecked the "Send commands to server simultaneously" in account options.
With Entourage, Microsoft seems to have taken the position that it knows better how to handle email than you do. If you want to continue to use that POS, go through Entourage and make sure that you don't have a rule or schedule somewhere that deletes your messages. Turn off all flags and filters.

I have issues with Entourage that I have yet to figure out. Entourage conceals certain of my messages for no apparent reason. My workaround is to run MacOS X Mail in parallel with the Microsoft application. Messages concealed by Entourage show up fine in MacOS X Mail.

Until I have information to the contrary, I am left with the conclusion that Entourage is one of the worst applications ever developed for the Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.