Why did the chicken cross the road?

Discussion in 'Community' started by vniow, Apr 16, 2003.

1. vniow macrumors G4

I saw this posted at another forum and thought you might enjoy.[​IMG]

2. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

when i first saw the title of that post, i thought it might be about you, me, and eye shaming dukestreet into crossing over that 10,000 post barrier:D :D :D

3. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

All so very true. Especially Barbara Walters.:rolleyes:

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

rush and the chickens...lmao

i am a democrat who listens to crossfire's gop man bob novak, usnwr's conservative george f will, reads national review, and the harvard business school journal (to see what many on the other side have to say), and while i don't subscribe to the views most of the time, i respect their thinking process

but rush limbaugh is not a thinking republican but, as he admitted on cnn, an entertainer and not a politician or political scientist

he has dumbed down the gop's side and as many idiots he has brought to the gop, has made educated, thinking republicans ditch and leave the gop (as one very articulate poster here did leaving the gop and their stupidity of late)

i like what this post above says about chickens and rush...he he

being a democrat, i used to get angry at some idiotic arguments the democrats made during the reagan years, which was a big reason why there was a reagan-bush dominance from 1981-1993 in the white house:p

5. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

Who are RALPH NADER, PAT BUCHANAN, RUSH LIMBAUGH, MARTHA STEWART, JERRY FALWELL, DR. SEUSS and BARBARA WALTERS ?

I'm in the UK here and don't know any of these people, where's blair on the list ? surely this would be pretty good :

TONY BLAIR
    Mr Bush Sir, what should I tell them about the chicken, will they believe me if I said it crossed the road on humanitarian grounds ?

:D

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ralph nader- a consumer advocate who fought big car makers to get seatbelt laws and other safety laws implemented. more recently, he's been the presidential candidate for the green party (green party is liberal, with strong environmental beliefs, gay rights, workers' rights, etc). he ran in 96 (i think) and 2000... (i voted for him! :) )

pat buchanan- presidential hopeful the last few elections. other than that i don't know much... he's either "independent" or "libertarian"... someone will shed more light on him i'm sure

rush limbaugh- radio talk show host with very strong conservative beliefs. more of an entertainer than a true political analyst. says a lot of dumb things

martha stewart- known for her tv show about decorating, cooking, and all that domestic stuff. created a company which made household stuff. has since been in the limelight for accusations of insider trading... i think worldcom or some company that went down recently

jerry fallwell- not totally sure. just know that he's a prominent christian preacher man who seems to blame lots of bad things on gay people...

dr. seuss- author of such children's books as "cat in the hat" and "how the grinch stole christmas". had a very distinctive rhyming style...

barbara walters- "newswoman" who is known for interviewing celebrities for her tv show... always dramatizes things beyond reason

that's my take on them..

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

here are some basically positive bios on these people:

ralph nader...consumer products reviewer and presidential candidate in 2000 for the green party who got enough votes to split the liberals and most likely led to republican george bush making into the white house

pat buchannan...three time presidential candidate and former conservative talk show host from cnn's crossfire

rush limbaugh...radio's leading conservative talk show host (along with dr. laura schlesinger) and former tv talk show host

martha stewart...has own successful line of home products and has a large line of merchandise at K-Mart stores

jerry falwell...prominent "christian right" minister before the term christian right or religious right was even coined

dr suess...fictional children's character (who writes books) a pen name, i think

barbara walters...longtime us tv reporter, journalist, and tv producer since the 1960s

8. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

hadn't seen this before; that's hilarious. i think the pat buchanan one is the best. i also think that that must be what that french Nazi candidate must have said too. :D

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I forgot who said this but someone said

Maybe the chicken didn't cross the road, but the road that crossed the chicken.

:)

10. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

why did the road cross the chicken? sounds like a philosopher to me...

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

most definitely was. I probably read it in a philosophy book.

12. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

13. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

STEVE JOBS
    Today I am announcing the coolest thing since sliced breaded chicken: The "fowler-power" bluetooth-enabled 19" dual-winged iChicken, which crosses the road faster than any other chicken in our carefully controlled Photoshop tests. It can cross any road that adheres to the ISO-9817-498734 standard. It'll be shipping in 2 months and will cost $99.99. The rooster version doesn't come with the crow-alarm speakers or a comb on top, but you can buy these from our new partner, Colonel Sanders. This product is incredible. There's never been anything like it before.

14. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

mymemory:
    If that chicken was in south america would be sent by the US government to still our oil at the other side of the road.

15. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Bill Murray: "WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD!?"
    His Platoon"TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE"!!

I'll let figure out which movie this came from:D

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

>scem0

The chicken didn't cross the road...

It's all just a fantastic fiction by the scientists at KFC that brought you chickens with three breasts.

The chicken was processed and shipped out by truck.

17. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

That's funny...

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing! :D

18. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i thought they brought us chickens made exclusively of high density cholesterol, and chickens made out of non-chicken?

19. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

stripes?

20. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Yeah...

Yeah, Stripes. I've only watched that film about a million times, so I think I feel a little informed on this matter. Yeah, Stripes. :D

21. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I think that was one of the cost cutting measures instituted by PepsiCo...

22. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

Re: Yeah...

that seemed too easy..... too many context clues.... what other movies was bill murray in the army??? ha

i've seen parts of the movie, many times... on comedy central of course

23. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Actually the part about the Chickens ...

I was burning brain cells talking to some friends who let me in on a little bit of news. Apparently, the reason why young girls have been developing more early in the US is because the hormones used in Chickens to fatten them up are very close neighbors of estrogen. :(

Well, okay, that's not exactly a response to the chicken joke but it's still something I think worth noting.

Why DID the chicken cross the road? Hmmm. My conspiracy theory thinking cap is now on and I'm going to go burn some more brain cells pondering that thought... hmmm. :( :confused:

24. cubist macrumors 68020

Slow rumors day, I guess.

She crossed the road because she heard the new iPods were to be released next Tuesday, but she was saving for an Apple Tablet and a PowerMac 970, and didn't want to put all her eggs in one basket.

25. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

haha.
    Pat Buchanan is a right wing - anti-choice, person who wants to stop immigration, wants to kill free trade, and lets see totally wants to destroy affirmative action.

hehe, funny if you substitute still ---> steal.

Funny, tho. Some of the ideas a slightly off tho.