Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vannibombonato

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2007
apple is screwed if they don't release a bigger device.

i, and many MANY people that i know, want a bigger phone.

give us the option. 4" and 5"

You people are incredible.

If Apple will see that there is a market big enough to justify such a phone, AND they feel they can build a device that is up to their standards and ecosystem, they WILL design and release it, because they do care about making money.
I kind of have the impression they do have some real market data and big picture feeling to make such a decision, other than browsing forums filled with whiners.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
So, how are AirDrop and Control Center working out for you on iOS 6? :)

Airdrop, couldn't care less. Control Center - SBSettings. :rolleyes:

----------

if ios 7 is as bad as you say, apple is toasted and all that. Jump ship now:D, no is stopping you or blaming you. Different strokes for different folks. I think ios 7 has alot to offer that it didnt before. I personally think control center stole the show. I no longer have to go to the settings app to change wifi on or off sounds good to me. Instead of bashing apple about how they are failing and toasted go to another platform lol

~just saying :D

Ok, so for the people that have iphone, ipad mini, ipad, ipod we just need to sell everything? :rolleyes:

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Why do Apple keep on making mistakes after another?

First, they failed to release a larger 4.8~5" iPhone in addition to the release of the 4" iPhone 5....

Second, iOS was stale because the lack of functionality... The icons didn't need any major redesign, it was the functionalities that were so lacking. iOS7 violates Apple's value for ease of use and the design is extremely controversial.

Third, why was there no retina display on the macbook air? Other ultrabook competitors have up-ed their screen res, Apple is behind.... yet again.
They didn't fail at a 4.8" iPhone release, they made a calculated decision not to. And it was correct, and a win. Based on the market performance of the iPhone 5 release.

Apple consistently refuses to make trade offs. If a feature cant be done how they want, axe it.

E.g. LTE. Was long delayed until they could have with 10hr batt. life.

Retina would not have allowed 12hr all day use.

IPhone UI
Control Center, dozens, if not 100's of new API, Safari, Push Triggers, AirDrop. Tons of new functionality.

Did you even watch keynote? Im doubtful.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
I really think they're trying to listen too much to users, if you will grant me that claim. Previously, they had conviction both in creation and execution. iOS 7 really feels like a response to nearly all the criticisms and suggestions offered in websites like this. Hell, it even looks like a concept mockup. But I think in the process of catering to users too much, they're losing creativity and execution (polished design). They're trying too hard, too fast.

bertishere

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
How do you go 5" without screwing over the entire developer community?

easy.. apple gives the tools necessary to the developers to make apps that aren't dependent on the resolution.. kind of how apps work on desktop computers and android devices

you release 1 version, and then the app gets optimized to the appropriate size.

now i know you're gonna say "well android does this but it doesn't always look good". i'm sure if developers took the time, they would be able to optimize apps for any screen without you even noticing a difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.