Why do I dream about Steve Jobs?!

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by hob, Nov 5, 2004.

1. hob macrumors 68020

Oct 4, 2003
    London, UK
    I was about to post this on my blog, but it's down or something so you guys get it!

Just had the weirdest dream

Was on the beach, with Irish Andy and coupla others. Then we were arsing around a bit (this could be due to the fact it was Hawaiian night last night) and then suddenly it turned out we were in Cupertino, California and Steve Jobs suddenly came up to Andy and I and asked us if we’d like to look at some cool stuff. I (all but) jumped into his arms and Andy didn’t have a clue what was going on but he came along anyway.

So we go to this weird building that was full of people. Outside we met out with 4 or 5 other people who were coming to be testers with us, and then for some reason Steve’s laptop bag fell open and inside was a 17” powerbook (with a green desktop background) and a funky iPod and I quizzed him about his music collection. “How many have you got?” “Billions” “Bet that takes a lot of hard disk space” “These aren’t ordinary hard disks” “What like a terabyte or something?” “Pfft… come inside, there’s more…!”

Then we got into the building full of people and we were on like a balcony above not one but TWO presentation rooms (as if imported from WWDC or the like) but the chairs were all covered like British Railway chairs… hmmm… Then we passed a few crowds of people who didn’t seem to care that Steve Jobs was there. He took us over to a table and there were two odd-shaped laptops (ahhh… prototypes, thought I) that just looked like there was no real design to them, but were more there to showcase the new hardware. One of them was Black and one was White. I remember one of them had iBook Gv5 printed on it. Which was weird. Because yes, I know was a G5 is but it had a v in the middle!!

He put a key in a lock on the top of it, opened it, turned it on and the screen came to life with a weird map printed on it. Then it switched to a progress bar in the same location as the dock normally is just running through a few icons and things (so loading screen), then it seemed to be in some kind of Linux build that wasn’t OS X. I remember it being Green and the letter K was in the bottom left hand corner – that’s kinda my whole experience of Linux in the real world anyway. The desktop background was animated and fading from one picture to the next in less than a second – it was a man and a woman, in their mid 20’s – but shaded green. Then suddenly some abusive mother splitting them up or something…

Go figure…!

So, I have issues with my mother… lol

And I should probably stop thinking about Photoshop so much (green tinting – what we did in our last lecture…!)

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

Jun 15, 2004
    A few advice for you:
    1: Don't use your laptop more than 12 hours a day.
    2: Remove your Steve Jobs poster on you bedroom.
    3: Visit your mom.
    4: Don't call a shrink, he will surely put you in a mental hospitality.. :p

:D i'm only jokin'..
    ps: If ibook Gv5 ever gets released with linux (running KDE, that is what the K stand for), then ...... :eek:
  3. hob thread starter macrumors 68020

Oct 4, 2003
    London, UK
    Lol all good points!!
  4. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

Aug 5, 2003
    Forrest : Life is like smoking, you never know what kind of crap you are going to get... :p.

I hope you are not coming tomorrow with a dream about Woz :p
  5. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Jun 16, 2003
    Also make it a rule to get some sunshine in your life. For that, you'll need to go outside.
  6. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

May 3, 2004
    Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
    That is strange because this past summer I had a dream that I got to be the tester for an ibook G5...
  7. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    oh dear, oh dear. dreaming about steve jobs is about the most worrying part of an apple obsession!
  8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    At least you didn't tell us what he was wearing the thought of somebody dreaming about Steve Jobs wearing a Speed-O is a little worrisome.

Of course, so is the thought of wearing a black turtleneck to the beach. :eek:
  9. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar

10. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    There are websites where you enter keywords in your dream and it will tell you what they mean. And you probably don't have issues with your mother, seeing as dreams are often times reversed. You may know someone who DOES have issues with their mother, and that is represented in your dream.
  11. hob thread starter macrumors 68020

Oct 4, 2003
    London, UK
    Found it