Why do I get more and more excited?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Trilsk, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Trilsk macrumors newbie

So I'm ordering my MacBook Pro first week of May. Why is it that the more and more I read about the MacBook, whether on sites or in forums, I get more and more excited about it? I thought Apple computers were virus free?

2. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Hello Trilsk, welcome! As far as I'm aware, there are no viruses in the wild that affect Macs. As for getting more excited, there's nothing more exciting than a goal that is almost, within reach! Good luck with your new MBP. Enjoy!

3. localnet macrumors newbie

15 years usage, no viruses here! If you run Windows on your MacBook Pro, you can get a virus, but it should not affect your Mac partition in the least. Your best bet, Keep Windows off of your Mac unless you really need to dual boot.

Mike

4. Johnny Rico macrumors 6502

Unless the 'virus' that we're talking about is the Mac-Bug, in which case the afflicted party develops an unflagging loyalty to steve jobs and the tendency to randomly shout "G5 POWERBOOKS TUESDAY" in public without provocation.

5. Trilsk thread starter macrumors newbie

"G5 POWERBOOKS TUESDAY" ?

I'm afraid I don't understand at the moment...

I just wish May would hurry up and get here :(

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Literacy in this thread is very low. :p Wow.....just, wow.

Anyway, don't worry, we all get infected by sheer excitement after such a purchase. If this is your first Mac, it'll be even more exciting. For people who have owned Macs, it's just more of the same goodness. :)

7. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

He means that after using Macs, people are very keen on them and take a lot of interest in them and in Apple. There are always rumours about what the next product is going to be and when it will come out.

This interest is like a virus because nearly everyone that uses a mac 'catches' it.

Look forward to your mac as much as you want, but, as my old music teacher once said to me, "Don't wish your life away..." :)

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

don't get too excited... you don't want to get any *clears throat* bodily fluids in the keyboard ;).

e

9. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Thought Trilsk might be the name of someone whose first language wasn't English. "G5 POWERBOOKS TUESDAY" might not make a lot of sense to the majority of native English speakers! :)

10. Trilsk thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually came up with the name on a Dr. Pepper binge while staying up for 36hours. My new Everquest character needed a name. :D

11. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

There are Dr. Pepper binges? How simultaneously horrid and ... alluring.

Do tell more.

12. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Okay, not meaning to hijack this thread, but I feel this is relevant.
    The other day I was talking to a classmate about Macs and he said his mom's Mac had gotten a bug called Firehorse or something which showed up with a skull on the screen and showed a graphic of worms eating all the files. I had no clue what the heck he was talking about and it was 6:00 after tennis practice on a Friday so I just said "whatever." What the heck is he talking about?? I feel like I would know about it if it was something. And a Google showed up nothing.
    Was he just talking crap?:confused:

13. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak