1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Why do I have the urge to buy another iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Elppa14, Feb 17, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Ok, as you may or may not know, i received an ipod touch for christmas. But, now i want the new red nano. I know that i dont need it but i just love the color!!!! I love my ipod touch and i dont want to replace it yet. Should i just get the red shuffle? Also, i am considering buying an apple computer but do not know if the macbook air is good? I just need a laptop for fast internet, and itunes. Thanks guys for the help. And sorry if this thread doesn't belong in this section.

2. macrumors 68040

iParis

I wouldn't recommend getting a MacBook air as your fist Mac, get either the white MacBook or a unibody MacBook.
    And wait until the back to school program, they may come with the iPod nano you want.

3. macrumors newbie

you know what, I didn't think about that! Great idea! What mac should I get, and why wouldn't you recommend the macbook air?

4. macrumors 68030

bozz2006

it's not meant to be an "only" computer. it's performance is somewhat limited in order to save space, and keep power consumption at a minimum.

5. macrumors 65816

alexbates

I would go with the $1299 Unibody. Its perfect for someone getting a new Mac and should last you a long time.

I would get the shuffle instead of the nano. I also have a shuffle but just for exercising. The best thing is it only costs $50. If you want to just buy Apple headphones, it cost $30. So it is really a good deal.

6. macrumors 68040

iParis

I'd say the 2GHz Unibody MacBook.
    I wouldn't recommend the MacBook air because it's meant for portable use and not as a primary computer. Also, because it it's lack of ports. I'd only recommend it if you had another Mac.

7. macrumors demi-god

alphaod

I would go for the plastic MacBook with NVIDIA graphics. I just realized this is the only computer I need for half the thing I do!

8. macrumors 6502

Yeah, know what you mean, i get the urge too.
    I'm trying to fight the urge to buy a classic at the moment

9. macrumors 603

The MacBook Air starts at about $800 more than the MacBook White. For that extra $800, you get a slower computer with less storage space, a slower processor, fewer ports, and no optical drive. As others are saying, it's not meant to be a primary computer. Unless you need FireWire, get one of the aluminum MacBooks.

I personally have no clue why you would want an iPod nano if you have an iPod touch. The only advantage a nano has is it's smaller. Go buy a red case if you like the red so much.

10. macrumors member

cl0wnzee

I recommend the unibody MacBook for 1299, if you want to use it as your primary computer. Take just the white MacBook if you really on a budget.
    Alone the unibody and the multi-touchpad makes the 300$ more, worth.

The MacBook Air (which I want too^^) is only good if your not on budget and you already have a mac/-book.

The red iPod? wait until you gonna have money for the 4G or get the third generation on ebay, if you can't wait take the 2GB iPod shuffle.

-cl0wnzee

11. macrumors 68030

.Andy

I'd say no. Don't consume for the sake of it. You can do much better with your money. You've already got an iPod touch and they rock. Buy a cool app for it with some of your money and how about considering giving the rest to charity?

The $50 for a shuffle or $149 for a nano would do a lot of good if it's burning a hole in your pocket. You can restore a persons sight for about $20 (www.hollows.org) or help a woman by donating to the Fistula Fund (http://www.wfmic.org/). Or Oxfam (http://www.oxfam.org/). Something like that :).