Why do I need 100 post counts to sell my stuffs here???

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by triotary, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triotary macrumors regular

I really don't get it. All I want is to sell [stuff before I'm able to do so].

If it is a preventive measure for marketing spammers, it should be up to a moderator job to ban them or delete their posts.

IF it is a measure for shady scammers, I bet a person with 1000 post counts could be one too.

2. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    It doesn't have anything to do with your post count.
    The real reason you can't sell stuff here is because you wrote "stuffs" and "counts." That's just annoying.

;)

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

do you know how much moderator time that would take up?

HUGE amounts.. now, add this to the already heavy load the moderators have to put up with..

all the PowerBook G5s and hot tubs in the world couldn't make people want to stay mods enough.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

As far as I understand it, it's seen as a feature, a perk if you will, for members who have displayed a small amount of commitment to the site. Not a complete free-for-all for just anyone who turns up... besides, it has helped a little with those sales/members that have proved problematic.

There's always eBay and other outlets for you to sell your Mac. Otherwise, hang round, make some effort towards this community and you'll be able to use the market-place in very little time... no spamming, mind. ;)

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You can read more about the reasoning behind the rule here, and if you search this forum you'll find other discussion about it as well.

6. triotary thread starter macrumors regular

7. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

how convienient that you posted what you want to sell and for how much here... nothin like getting the word out even though you dont have the post count yet ;)

8. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Anyone else notice that the OP managed to practically use this thread as a For Sale thread?

EDIT: Beat me to it. :D

9. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

All this is is a sneaky way to try and sell something he has that he isn't allowed to sell on this site. Sneaky sneaky.

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Yes, it was a bit underhanded....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.