why do nice guys finish last?!

Discussion in 'Community' started by mgargan1, Feb 29, 2004.

1. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

you know what... it's not fair at all, nice guys always end up finishing last, at least in terms of women. So, i went on a date last night, and she said she had a great time, it's just I'm not the type of guy she usually dates. She said that she usually dates jerks, and that I was a really nice guy, but we were better off as friends. Why is it that I go out of my way to open the door for her, to be polite to her, and to be a great, nice guy... and then she tells me i'm too nice? It's seriously not fair at all.

I know biologically, women prefer men who are jerks/*******s because that means they're stronger (biologically), and they want the strongest guy. But, it's seriously not fair

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Yeah, that sucks significantly. In the future, be sure to be rude to the girl and try to grope her or something. Maybe that will help... :rolleyes:

3. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

yeah it is a bitch eh? Just how natural selection is.
    LOL

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be with a girl who would be so closed minded in the first place.

scem0

5. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Yeah it sucks doesn't it. :rolleyes: Girls thoughts, reasoning, any everything about them are hard to understand. Especially when my last wife stabbed me 3 times in my sleep, then stole my car and crashed it into a tree. :( :mad: Meeting girls for me is VERY hard... But what can you do? :rolleyes:

6. mgargan1 thread starter macrumors 65816

mgargan1

well, i can always marry my right hand if worst comes to worst ;)...

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

There's nothing wrong with showing a little class, but if u are too formidable to a woman, chances are she's not gonna be attracted to u. Sometimes it works better to give her a little something to work towards, a challenge if u will.

Of course, don't take my word for it...I am single. ;)

8. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

That wouldn't be so bad:
    1) It's always there for you
    2) It never talks back
    3) It will defend you if necessary
    4) You feel each other's pain

And most importantly,

5) It knows just how to fulfill for you desires--each and every time. :D

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I hate how all the hot girls in my school go out with the druggies/ smokers/ and drinkers. It angers me a bit, I'm always polite and kind to every girl I know, I don't treat the like trash yet they all go out with guys who treat the like trash.

grrr.

10. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

could it be some sort of sadomasochistic tendency? I don't know. Women are odd.

11. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

maybe it has something to do with the fact that you are subscribed to a computer rumor site ;)

hehe- just kiddin' :D

don't sweat it- there's plenty more out there that appreciate nice guys

12. mgargan1 thread starter macrumors 65816

mgargan1

a couple more to add to the list...

your hand never gets PMS
    your hand never yells at you
    your hand never gets "headaches"
    your hand never asks you to remember dates, and makes you be romantic...

but your hand will never, for whatever reason, be as attractive as a women... why does God tease us like He does?!

13. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Hey eye! I like your response--it's almost exactly what I was going to type (you obviously know your way around women) ;). I've found that if you're going to be nice and give everything to a girl, especially if she's beautiful, she's just going to use you like a doormat.

Making her work for it is the key

14. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Cost-benefit, my friend, COST-BENEFIT.

15. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Well at my school 10th grade, I don't know one person, nerd, hottie, jock that doesn't at least smoke weed if not snort coke or snort prescription drugs, (oxycotton, vicadon.) major pain killers... I stay away from that ****. It pisses me of SO MUCH when my friends come stoned or drunk to school and they get better grades than I do totaly sober. :mad: :mad:

But at my school the hottest (most popular) girls in my grade (softmore) only go out with juniors or seniors. There are only 2 BF GF relationships I know of between two 10th graders right now. :rolleyes: It's a pisser cuz the freshmen will only go out with juniors too, so our grade gets kind of screwed. At least I do... Not litterally. ;) :(

16. brianellisrules macrumors regular

Here's the thing: girls like playing games. Girls also like drama. A nice guy provides neither of these things.

17. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

It doesn't make any sense...:eek: Maybe it gets better when they realize those jerks aren't going to be athletic and popular for their entire lives, but we will be people earning a steady paycheck for the rest of our lives?...:( :mad: :rolleyes:

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Well I happen to be a nice guy. In the women department, don't feel that I finished last. I have been with my women for more than 31 years now.

19. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

That's exactly what one of the hall monitors at my high school told me. He said that when he went back for his ten-year reunion, all the jocks and druggies were single and bloody lonely, whereas all the nerds and the guys who worked hard were happily married. To the hottest chicks, no less.

20. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I didn't know you were Mormon.

21. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Right-o. Here's some more:

1 Women want a challenge.
    2 They want the wild guy, a badass.

1 The nice guy is not challenging because he is too available and too conformist.

2 The nice guy is not wild because he is afraid to offend the woman and scare her away. This is compounded when the man is getting laid, because he really doesn't want to lose the status quo.

1 The badass is a challenge because he's got his own life and always plays by his own rules. He doesn't take **** from anyone. Consequently, no one tries to give him **** more than once.

2 The badass is wild and doesn't care if he offends the woman and scares her away because he knows he can get another one.

22. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

all my life i've never been able to get a half decent girl, i'm a nice guy myself, but i just cant attract girls, the girls who i do attract are ***** ugly but i still love em anyways, but they cant cook as well, but after the relationship is long gone, i realize the girl is a b*tch :mad:
    i've given up trying
    I didn't have a gf until end of gr 11

23. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

In other words, there are girls out there that are smart, intelligent, and nice...hmmm...just like we're smart, intelligent, and nice guys???...:cool:

24. acidrock macrumors 6502

I just posted about my problem in my other thread. Basically I am in the same situation some of you guys are in. I'm a really nice guy but girls either already have bfreinds or don't want to be with me because I'm to nice. It has been a long and frustrating story. -n