Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irDigital0l

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
WWDC 2013
WWDC 2012
WWDC 2011

Some say its colorful and looks like icons which could hint at an iOS revamp but WWDC 2012 logo was colorful and was made up of these squares too.

Only thing that looks different is 1) No Apple logo 2) XIII instead of 13

But lets be honest, people know is about Apple because it literally says 'Apple Worldwide Developer Conference' at the bottom and I think most people know the year is 2013.

Also read this article for some good laughs.

http://mockcrunch.com/2012/06/08/8-predictions-for-apples-wwdc-keynote-based-on-the-invitation/

Most likely we'll see some changes to the UI for iOS (nothing to radical) but the logo is just Apple getting creative. Tbh there previous ones were basically either showing a ton of apps or an apple logo. Plus they need a good laugh at all those people ciphering the hidden code of the WWDC logo.

Last edited:

Tar Sniffer

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2012
As i understand it, the speculation around the WWDC 2013 logo being a iOS 7 hint is for two main reasons.
- The change in font is an indicator of Ive's clean minimalist design, with text being brought to the forefront.
- The stacked arrangement of the app squares represent the much rumored flat design that will be introduced.

It's an interesting theory, but I'm of the opinion that the gray rectangle is an Apple TV sitting on top of Apps, which would suggest that it's finally getting an App Store. It's not really clear if these WWDC logos actually represent anything though or if its just people reading to far into the images.

myuserid08

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
Multi-coloured phones?

Especially this one....

wwdcstudents.jpg

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Multi-coloured phones?

Especially this one....

Looks like an iPod Touch to me. No earpiece for audio.

----------

WWDC 2013
WWDC 2012
WWDC 2011

Some say its colorful and looks like icons which could hint at an iOS revamp but WWDC 2012 logo was colorful and was made up of these squares too.

But lets be honest, people know is about Apple because it literally says 'Apple Worldwide Developer Conference' at the bottom and I think most people know the year is 2013.

http://mockcrunch.com/2012/06/08/8-predictions-for-apples-wwdc-keynote-based-on-the-invitation/

Most likely we'll see some changes to the UI for iOS (nothing to radical) but the logo is just Apple getting creative. Tbh there previous ones were basically either showing a ton of apps or an apple logo. Plus they need a good laugh at all those people ciphering the hidden code of the WWDC logo.

Because the last five or so WWDCs have announced new versions of iOS.

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK
WWDC 2013
WWDC 2012
WWDC 2011

Are you seriously suggesting that they are alike? Can't you see that there is a huge change in the logo this year?

No Apple Logo
Different Font
Use of Roman Numerals
Not on the gradient background
Different 'base' colour

It couldn't be more different if it tried.

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
I'm not saying this is any indication either, but I noticed today that hovering over the buttons in the top bar of Apple's website now reveals blue bars around the selection. Just thought I'd share along the whole 'colors' theme, probably meaningless though.
Hsjqz99.png

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I'm not saying this is any indication either, but I noticed today that hovering over the buttons in the top bar of Apple's website now reveals blue bars around the selection. Just thought I'd share along the whole 'colors' theme, probably meaningless though.

Must be browser dependent, I trying it on Chrome on a Windows PC, no colors for me.

CrimsonKnight

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Denver, CO

Running Firefox here on Windows XP SP3, not seeing the blue.. but who knows.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
We go through this imaginary guessing game every year.

Seems the fertile & very vivid imaginations run wild at the mere sight of any banner, graphic, color, or font style.

Doting on every bit of minutia, how this excites some is incredibly entertaining. :eek:

irDigital0l

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Because the last five or so WWDCs have announced new versions of iOS.

Which is what I'm saying. Every year new iOS gets released and no major. UI changes.

----------

Are you seriously suggesting that they are alike? Can't you see that there is a huge change in the logo this year?

No Apple Logo
Different Font
Use of Roman Numerals
Different 'base' colour

Yes but what does the logo have anything to do with Apple's design on their products?

Look at the analysis threads for last years. Different color icons stacked together forming the Apple logo...definitely a UI redesign.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Which is what I'm saying. Every year new iOS gets released and no major. UI changes.

So if something has always been a certain way that means it will stay that ea forever? What exactly did Cook put Ive in charge of Human Interface for then?

irDigital0l

Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
You don't think that firing the guy in charge of iOS might result in some slight differences from past years?

No, that's what I think. Ive being in charge of HI and Hair Force One being in charge of OS X and iOS software clearly means some changes.

But hypothesizing that apple's wwdc logo has some radical da vinci code type secret code to be cracked just seems a little silly.

When did Apple's WWDC logo design imply new design changes?

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
No, that's what I think. Ive being in charge of HI and Hair Force One being in charge of OS X and iOS software clearly means some changes.

But hypothesizing that apple's wwdc logo has some radical da vinci code type secret code to be cracked just seems a little silly.

When did Apple's WWDC logo design imply new design changes?

I don't think many people have implied that the WWDC logo has a major ulterior meaning. The thing is that its quite radically different from the previous logos so that in turn may give an idea that apples OS design might be quite different.

spacehog371

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2003
Tim Cook explicitly said on the earnings call that there would be both a new version of OS X and a new version of iOS.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
The Roman numerals are obviously referring to the new "Superbowl Coverage" updates added to the notification center. Noobs. ;)

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
WWDC 2013
WWDC 2012
WWDC 2011

Because the invite says to come see what they have for iOS and OS X. Did you read it?

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney

No Apple Logo
Different Font
Use of Roman Numerals
Different 'base' colour

The logo is still there just missing the leaf.

Edit: adding as new as it looks it does, in design terms, seem as much like an evolution of the graphics as previous years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.