why do so many members ignore "search" ?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by resm, Jul 5, 2002.

1. resm macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2002
    I see so many people on this forums going out and buying products (see pro speakers for example) or asking questions about "folding" etc. without checking older threads or getting advice before they go and waste time/money and effort and then feel sorry about it.
    This are topics that have been churned over and over on this forum so many times before.

"Macrumors" is one of the best (if not the best) place to get infos and advice covering anything Mac related.

We have so many people here that have a lot of experience and/or do own the equipment you are looking for or even would like to buy.

Before you go and run wild, why not using a very usefull function this forum is providing us so conveniently ?

At the top of your forum screen you have 7 buttons.

One of them reads "search"

Just enter a single word that covers your question and hit "perform search" and you will find the propper place where you can ask your question or get the necessary info you are looking for.

That will save you headaches and makes life more easy for you :D

This is not meant as a negative critic but rather a usefull consumer info :)
  2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    Sheesh, there's already a topic on this! :rolleyes: Just kidding. ;)

You're absolutely right. Most of us probably just forget. But I can't emphasize enough how handy the search feature has come in at times! Think of all those countless new threads wasted because someone didn't search first. I learned my lesson early on; any time I post a question of some kind, I always do a search to see if it's already been answered!
  3. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

Jan 17, 2002
    Big Shoulders
    Re: why do so many members ignore "search" ?

I tried asking advice aboout a program that replaces Adobe Dimensions...nobody answered. :rolleyes: If anyone gets a chance, do a search for that thread and answer me, PLEASE!!! ;)

Hemingray, where you been these days, man?