Why does Apple dislike jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by klamse25, Nov 7, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

klamse25

It's not like there's anything wrong with it...
    Well besides cracked apps I guess.

2. macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Apple has declared it "illegal."

3. macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Intel, Microsoft, and Matsushita also declared it illegal to partition your drive to have an EXT3 partition for Linux, since EXT3 is a modification to run unsanctioned operating systems on computers.

4. macrumors 6502a

mgamber

you answered your own question. There's something very wrong with cracked apps.

5. macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

There's definitely something very wrong with cracked apps, but I would like to think a majority of jailbreakers don't download cracked apps.

6. macrumors 6502

illegal apps of course..they make money off of apps, and AT&T makes money off of the data plan.

7. macrumors member

att doesnt really care i think because im sure all of us have unlimited data. may not use all the talk minutes but go data insane with downloading jailbreak apps and what have you. apple of course doesnt like it because they cant make money off of it. in my opinion what is funny wasnt apple suppose to be the cool hip corporation?? you know always open for fun stuff but turn around and block the coolest apps you can put on your iphone i.e. categories.

8. macrumors member

I JB'd my phone to theme it, remove Apple's "DRM" & to poke around the phone.

Cracked apps? I consider these "try before you buy" apps. I've actually spent a fair amount of money on apps that I want to keep using after trying the cracked version.

The rest, I've just deleted & never used them again.

9. macrumors 68020

MikePA

An honest thief. How charming.:rolleyes:

10. macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

They're basically wanted to get rid of the security holes to make the device more secure, for example if there was a hole in your house so anyone could get in you would want to fix the hole.

11. macrumors 68040

bruinsrme

Cracked apps can be fixed on the store end but that seems to be slow in coming