Why does CopyPaste keep coming back?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pastrychef, Mar 15, 2007.

1. pastrychef macrumors 68040

pastrychef

I tried CopyPaste and decided not to keep it. I deleted all the preference files, etc. However, when I launch TextEdit and try to enlarge some text (using [Command] and [+] keys) it automatically launches CopyPaste again!

Afterwards, I deleted the CopyPaste app. However, [Command] + [+] no longer enlarges the selected text and tries to launch CopyPaste which isn't on the computer anymore.

How can I remove all traces of CopyPaste? Thanks.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

This is one of the cases on Mac where you'll need an uninstaller program. I recommend AppZapp (shareware but gives a few free runs).

Afterwards erase the TextEdit preferences, or try that right out and see if it solves the Enlarging text problem.

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Not specific to Copypaste, but worth a try:

1) Use the File>Find command to search your computer for "Copypaste", move all of these items to the trash.

if that doesn't work...

2) You might also look for Copypaste relics or folders with the name of the maker Script Software in the Library>StartupItems folder, the Library>Application Support folder, the Username>Library>Application Support folder and the Username>Library>Preferences folders.

4. pastrychef thread starter macrumors 68040

pastrychef

Someone by the name of Mithras from another forum suggested that I try using an application called Service Scrubber because CopyPaste added a Service menu. Sure enough, this finally got rid of it.

Thanks to you guys for your input!

5. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

OOOhhh yeah, good call. I use Service Scrubber but totally forgot about that.