Why Does Everything Have To Be So Hard?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IJustRule, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IJustRule macrumors newbie

So, there's this girl, who I don't want to say I've "fallen for" persay, but I know that she likes me, I know that she's a great kisser, I know that I like her, and I definitely know that I would want to be in some sort of relationship with her. I elaborated as much to her.

But I've found out that she is not into the idea of getting into a big relationship right now. I think that the idea of getting into something that might lead into a big relationship right now (her last one didn't end up too well for her) is not appealing to her.

God, this would all be a lot easier if a) she didn't say she liked me, b) were a bad kisser, c) weren't so compatable with me, and d) if I were less neurotic.

I'm another guy on this board, so I'm posting under this name lest people I know run across this and... things get funky.

I have discussed all this madness with about 5 different people already, but it's the dead of night, I just found out that she likes me but doesn't want to date me, and I feel kind of like crap.

If anyone has an honest to god useful suggestion, that would be way cool.

2. iEric007 macrumors regular

iEric007

Dude....she likes you!!! Trust me...its worse when the girl has all that stuff you said but doesn't like you. Give it some time...she'll give in to her feelings. Show her how you would give her a different life than with her previous b/f.

Anyhow...don't feel like crap...just remember...she likes you!!

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Hard as in "difficult", right?

4. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

All hope for something blossoming between you two is certainly not lost inasmuch as she has already expressed an interest (albeit of the non-relationship stripe). You have to give her the appropriate space she needs in the aftermath of an unsatisfactory experience with someone else. Those endings can take people a decent amount of time to get over. However, feeling as you do should make you view the time as a necessary investment to see how where this might go.

If patience can become one of your assets (and you do not badger or intimidate her with displays of "neurotic" behavior), rewards may be in your future. Hang in there and pretend that she is only a so-so kisser for the time being ... it may help in the short-term.

5. IJustRule thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, can someone tell me why on earth women respond best when you treat them like crap?

6. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

There are all types of women and, regrettably, some are in very unhealthy relationships and remain in them for a myriad of reasons. It is always best to maintain the high ground and avoid trying to unravel the mysteries of why others do as they do.

7. mpw Guest

Mmmmm hard.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Give this thing a few weeks, or a couple of months, and I think things will fall into place for you. ;)

She said this last yesterday, and you're freaking out today. I honestly don't worry about you and her because you'll have a dating relationship with her eventually. ;) A deeper relationship is an inevitability if you both like each other in that way, so it's just a matter of waiting...."chillin' like a villain"...."cool like a cucumber"......or however you say it now.

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

You were missed. :D

10. mpw Guest

Aww gee thanks devilot (but not by everyone;) ). I've just been busy....

Mmmmm busy, yum!

11. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Obviously-- you (in your 'tar) seem to have stolen someone's cosmo! ;)

12. IJustRule thread starter macrumors newbie

Why Does Everything Have To Be So Hard

"Why Does Everything Have to Be So Hard" is a quote. I was thinking initially that I should have titled this post something different, because I was worried a lot of people would take "Hard" and run with it. Indeed, it is funny. But I mean, c'mon. The end.

13. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

oh :eek: they do?:confused: honestly, they do?

14. mpw Guest

Mmmmm the end, yum!

15. MalcolmJID macrumors 6502a

Friends with benefits!

16. IJustRule thread starter macrumors newbie

You know, that's not a bad idea. I just wish I didn't actually like her, because you know, she is a pretty lady.

17. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

She's just not that into you. Cheer up mate, there are plenty of girls out there.

18. IJustRule thread starter macrumors newbie

But see, I think she actually is. Why would she tell me that she liked me otherwise? Girls don't have to say, "Yeah, I like you," out of nowhere to get them some action.

19. MalcolmJID macrumors 6502a

Yet she still came out and said it to you. Do you really need a bigger hint?
    Go around to her house and jump on her!:cool:

20. IJustRule thread starter macrumors newbie

21. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Dude, you've been around long enough to know not to sign up under a pseudonym.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.