Why does Facebook Messenger vibrate while in conversation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by k6578, Feb 20, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Jun 23, 2012
    To those who are using the Facebook Messenger app, are you having this problem?

It makes my phone vibrate every time someone sends me a new message, even when the conversation window with that person is open. I've turned all of the notification settings for sounds and vibrate off in settings but it still does that.

The normal Facebook app works fine and no such problem there, just the Messenger app.
  2. macrumors 6502

Dec 12, 2012
    Winnipeg,Canada/New Delhi India
    While it does not vibrate in conversation for me,what I hate is that it only notifies me of new messages only 70% of the times,rest of the time no notification of any new message :mad:
  3. Guest

Stuff like this annoys me like no end. I have no experience with this app but certain games also vibrate while you've got them open and actively playing. In the case of games, I guess they do it to "add to the experience", but it does anything but and it's always the first thing I disable.
  4. macrumors 68000

Sep 24, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's just poor usability design. Simple as that. I also hate how you have to scroll through all the people in the conversation to get to the option to turn off notifications. Having the phone constantly make noise even when someone just replies "lol" is very aggravating.
  5. macrumors 68000

May 23, 2010
    Shame, it's probably easier just to use Facebook as the messenger is built in so your not waiting any less time.