Why does iCal suck so much?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by technicolor, Mar 8, 2006.

1. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Why cant you simply arrange items in month view in the order you want them without putting in times or if you have all of them listed as all day events?

Why cant you print the calendar without the times showing in the calendar?

Are there any other alternatives, this thing sucks so much.

2. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I love iCal- it could use some improvements like having the month written in large print across the top, but I use it on three macs all synched and hardly ever have an issue with it. My other preference is to be able to on ly have alarms go off on one of my three computers. also, for some reason when my wife's computer is not online it won't set off some of the alarms until she is back online at work. kind of sucks when I have an alarm set to go off on her off days.

Of course, I never use monthly view- too many things on my iCal I guess to use that view. I always use weekly.

One other thing I would like to see is a drag and drop addition where you could easily copy things off the to do list to a sticky sort of window to create a daily to do list. I know there are apps that allow you to have your dated to do things all on it or your events for that day, but i want one that you could customize by drag and dropping things- Anyone know of one?

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

there's always Entourage if you have Office on your computer.

4. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

fwiw, you can turn off the all day event in the view options

6. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

[​IMG]

Seriously. The only that sucks more than calendaring software is the abstract concept of calendars.

7. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Hate scheduling apps. I just remember everything that I have to do. Nothing beats using your brain.

8. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

You must not have kids yet? Cause my brain is done dead now after staying home for four years with two toddlers! (see left) :D

9. technicolor thread starter macrumors 68000

technicolor

How about using yours and stop assuming. :rolleyes:

Its not just about putting it in so I can remember, I also need a neat looking calendar to submit with a job application. As well as publish the cal to an iweb site I want to create for my class.