Why does iPod reload EVERY song when syncing?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mikebike125, Aug 18, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Almost every time I connect my iPod 4G it seems to need to reload nearly every song on it. It is a 32Gig and has about 1Gig free space. It really takes a long time and I don't want it to do that. How can I make it stop doing this???

2. thread starter macrumors 6502

I have noticed that if I delete just one app that is of any size, it goes and reloads almost every song. This seems like a programming error to me...

3. macrumors 65816

decafjava

4. macrumors G3

charlituna

Open iTunes. Go to Preferences and under Devices make sure there Isis check mark by 'prevent . . . from syncing automatically' close preferences

Connect iPod. Wait for it to mount in iTunes then select it. Go to the 'tab' that says music

What is checked

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes. The genius mixes are turned on.

6. macrumors 65816

decafjava

Thought so, if you are syncing the mixes to your ipod, then it is not realoading each song, I think it says something like "loading Genius data" or soemthing like that. But it will do that for your whole library.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

It does the Genius thing but then it does reload all the songs after that. I'll take a look and tell you exactly what it says.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

The entire music library is checked. I want to keep a copy of all my songs on my iPod but I just don't know why sometimes it will only copy 10 songs (all of them are old) or 2793 songs. All these songs are already on my iPod so I don't know why it re-cpoies them all over again.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

Please tell me I'm not the only one this is happening to...

10. macrumors newbie

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

It is completely a waste of time for it to reload songs it already has on it.