Why does mail send me Everthing Twice??

Discussion in 'OS X' started by Zwhaler, Nov 25, 2007.

1. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

I have a frustrating problem. Until recently, Mail has been great. But now, every email I recieve, comes in twice! I get every email twice at the same time. So annoying. Any fix that you guys are aware of? Thanks (iMac 2.33 running 10.5.1)

2. macrumors 68040

motulist

Well, what's changed since the problem started happening? Did you set up any mail sorting rules? Did you open up a 2nd email account and have it bounce mails to your primary? Did you accidentally create a duplicate mail account that makes it check the same account twice? etc.

Give us more details about your system and the way it's set up. Also search your memory for anything that's changed since the problem started.

3. thread starter macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

Well, I use Gmail for my mail account, and the only thing that has changed is that I set up a mail account on my iPod Touch using MobileMail.app

4. macrumors 68020

pilotError

My wife is having the same issue. She gets several copies of the same mail. Her account is on Optimum Online, so its not just the Google service.

I haven't researched it yet. She told me about it last night. I suspect the latest firmware upgrade did her in. She also told me it's completely unusable.

5. macrumors 68000

M@lew

Are you using POP-3 or IMAP?

6. thread starter macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

I'm pretty sure that it is POP, under prefs it says POP a bunch of times. Again, I use Gmail, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

7. macrumors 68000

M@lew

Gmail probably does have something to do with it, and POP Gmail doesn't really work when you have more than one device connected to the account.