Why does MB constantly lose airport signal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whawhat, Dec 26, 2006.

1. whawhat macrumors 6502

Jun 9, 2006
    My c2d macbook has a terrible connection w/ airport express. I only get 2-3 out of 4 bars and the signal drops out constantly. My pb g4 ti is always at 4 bars/never drops. I did a software update, checked airport setup, etc. and nothings seems to work.

HELP PLEASE!:mad:
  2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Oct 17, 2006
    have you gone under the battery and checked the fitting of the wireless connector?
  3. buffalo macrumors 65816

Jun 5, 2005
    Colorado Springs / Ohio
    I'm having the same problem with my G5 iMac. For the first year I had it, everything usually worked fine, but the last few months the signal has been very inconsistent. It'll drop down to two bars and get slow reception. Turning airport off and then on fixes it about half the time, but sometimes only for a few minutes.
  4. Mal macrumors 603

Jan 6, 2002
    Is interference robustness turned on? Try switching that, whichever way it is, and also checking the connection as has been suggested already (the under the battery thing). If that doesn't help, try it on another network, and if it's a constant, then take it in for service.

5. jellomizer macrumors 6502

Sep 12, 2006
    Upstate NY
    I am getting a simular problem on my Wifes G4 iBook. I have reseated that card a dozen times. Tried Interface robustness on and Off. I am thinking it was the AirPort card. Some day Ill get a USB one and see if it works better.
  6. buffalo macrumors 65816

Jun 5, 2005
    Colorado Springs / Ohio
    Possibly dumb question, but what does the Interference Robustness setting do? I don't have another network to try, so I'm kind of out of luck there with my iMac.
  7. bmetzger macrumors newbie

Sep 12, 2008
    losing signal going crazy

same problem with my iMac - very frustrating, tried robustness and everything else I could think of. (no battery to check or am I mistaken)
    Laptops work fine at same location. Turning airport off and back on almost always helps but only for a few minutes.
    Is there a particular reception spot, internal antenna or connection I can check.
    Software is updated.
    (oh hell, I just noticed how old this thread is - anybody out there. I am a newbie)