1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Why does my 30GB have low audio through the TV?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by toughshot, Mar 28, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I have hooked my 30GB iPod video up to my tvs and they all have the same thing, at maximum volume on both the iPod and Television you can barely hear the movie... What is the missing link or how do I fix it so I can actually watch and hear movies?

2. macrumors 6502a

Is Volume Leveling turned on on the iPod?

I had the same thing when playing it back through my car and that turned out to be it.

Cheers.

3. macrumors newbie

Where is volume level? I have a Volume Limiter which is at maximum already, but that's it.

4. macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I have to actually turn up the volume on the ipod too (and the tv).

5. macrumors newbie

Yea, I have them both at the maximum volume levels but I am still not able to hear the sound very well. You can hear it coming out, but if you sit far away its hopeless.

6. macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Have you proven that your A/V cable works (has it ever worked)? Mine will not work through my Apple branded ipod dock. I have to plug the a/v cable into the ipod.

7. macrumors 6502

chickenninja

go to a thrift shop or Di and buy yourself an old stereo, use it to boost the audio volume, whether using speakers with it, or audio out to your tv from the stereo.

8. macrumors newbie

It works now. I have to do the same thing, iknowyourider. When I plugged it into the ipod instead of the dock it worked great.

9. macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

sweet