Why Does my iPhone 4s DO THIS ALL THE TIME?!?!

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by MacSiorNo, Oct 28, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

At least 4-5 times a day, my iPhone 4s shuts itself down, if not more. The actual phone forced me to restore 2 days after I bought it, so I have already restored. It seems to freeze, fade to black and then restart itself. This happens completely randomly while I am in the middle of doing something.

Also---I woke up one day and my camera app doesn't shoot or save pics (when shot from another camera app).

PLEASE HELP. I really don't want to restore (agaaaaiiin) but I want to know if I need to go to the Apple store for a replacement....this phone is a piece of work.

2. macrumors Core

miles01110

Sounds like you have nothing to lose by taking it in. If I had already tried restoring it I wouldn't bother doing it again if the symptoms persisted.

3. macrumors 6502

kfergiez

Sooooo... Why haven't you taken it in to get replaced yet? That's what I would do.

4. macrumors 601

PNutts

5. macrumors regular

Lee Adama

if you've done a restore and the phone is the same, it's a hardware issue and you can take it to the Apple store for a replacement.

6. macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Yep, what they all said. Restore as new. If it still does it, time to take a trip to your local Genius.

7. macrumors 68040

rick snagwell