Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dferigmu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 3, 2004
Washington, DC
Occasionally, when I try to play purchased songs on my iPod mini, it just skips them and doesn't play them. Why is this happening when I have these songs checked when updating my iPod?

Applespider

macrumors G4
I think the regular thread would help since it doesn't seem to be specific to any particular model of iPod.

I've had this problem a few times. Initially, I was able to reset the iPod and the songs started playing again briefly. There's also a fix to plug your iPod in, authorise and deauthorise your computer and then update your iPod again. If this doesn't work, you may have to restore your iPod (from the iPod installer back to factory settings) and transfer over all your music/data again.

After this happened several times in a week, I thought it might be a symptom of a larger problem. The Genius at the Apple store confirmed that it was software rather than hardware and, although he replaced my iPod, he suggested that if it continued to happen with the new iPod, I might have to bring in my Powerbook for them to troubleshoot further. An added quirk as to why he gave me the iPod rather than troubleshooting the Mac straight off was that the PB had been Archived and Installed between the iPod going loopy and the iTMS songs were playing without problem on a Shuffle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.