Why does nobody talk about QuickOffice?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by thomstarboy, Mar 31, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 29, 2012
    I would think with all the talk of MS Office coming to iPad and all the people asking about iPads for school, more people would be talking about QuickOffice.

And yet I rarely, if ever, see it mentioned.

Is it really not that good?

Are the reports of terrible keyboard lag true?

Has it long ago been determined that it's not a good app?

Should I buy it?

It looked like a decent choice before I bought an iPad, but now that I have, I hesitate both because of the comparatively high price and because nobody mentions it.
  2. macrumors 68040

May 3, 2011
    as far as i know, only pages offers footnote creation/editing. so, everything else (docs to go and quickoffice) is going to be insufficient for most undergraduate/graduate work.

personally, i use elements + scrivener (osx) for large projects.
  3. macrumors regular

Mar 9, 2012
    I bought Quick Office 2 weeks ago.

There is typing lag in the word processor but not in the spreadsheet or presentation software. I tested all 3 in Office 2010 format.

The work processor lag is annoying. Hope it's patched soon. Wouldnt have bought it if I knew this before hand.
  4. macrumors newbie

Mar 29, 2012
    I find it to be a fair app (sending resumes when you are not at your home office). But from a documentation creation stand-point, I don't find it all that helpful. IMHO.
  5. macrumors 68000

May 9, 2006
    iPad apps are pretty price sensitive so the fact that it costs quite a bit more than most others I'm sure turns off some people.
  6. macrumors 601

Feb 9, 2011