Why does Safari print date in 12-hourf format?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Diomedes, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Diomedes macrumors 6502

Oct 5, 2004
    San Francisco
    Old military habits die hard, so I prefer all time & date formatting on my Mac bein in 24-hour format. So I changed it as directed, including the format in the International panel, and everything displays in 24-hour format...except Safari. When it either prints a document with the date/time stamp, or displays a document that has a time stamp (like an RSS feed) it displays in 12-hour format, with AM or PM. It still places the leading zero.

Does anyone know if this is a bug, or how to change it?
  2. ZicklePop macrumors member

Mar 28, 2005
    It can't be a bug due to the majority of people use 12 hour format. I looked and I don't see an option and if you have your computers time set to 24 hour that may do it. I don't know for sure.
  3. GodBless macrumors 65816

Jan 22, 2005
    It bothers me too and I definitely consider it to be a bug. I side with Diomedes on this issue.

Edit: Diomedes, here is a link to Apple's OS X feedback page where you can report a bug in Mac OS X.
  4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
  5. GodBless macrumors 65816

Jan 22, 2005
    Oh so I suppose you are an employee at Apple and you had the power to cause people problems on purpose. Good joke. :rolleyes: ;)
  6. macstatic macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2005
    I realize it's while since this thread was started, but did anyone ever figure out a solution to the problem?

I'm running Safari 2.04 with MacOS 10.4.10.
    (I haven't upgraded because MacOS 10.4.11 stops the "page transition" effect in the Shiira 1.x web browser) -and as far as I know you need to go beyond MacOS 10.4.10 to be able to install/use Safari 3 (which I assume doesn't have this bug any longer, being quite an obvious one).