Why does Safari print date in 12-hourf format?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Diomedes, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Diomedes macrumors 6502

Old military habits die hard, so I prefer all time & date formatting on my Mac bein in 24-hour format. So I changed it as directed, including the format in the International panel, and everything displays in 24-hour format...except Safari. When it either prints a document with the date/time stamp, or displays a document that has a time stamp (like an RSS feed) it displays in 12-hour format, with AM or PM. It still places the leading zero.

Does anyone know if this is a bug, or how to change it?

2. ZicklePop macrumors member

It can't be a bug due to the majority of people use 12 hour format. I looked and I don't see an option and if you have your computers time set to 24 hour that may do it. I don't know for sure.

3. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

It bothers me too and I definitely consider it to be a bug. I side with Diomedes on this issue.

Edit: Diomedes, here is a link to Apple's OS X feedback page where you can report a bug in Mac OS X.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

5. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

Oh so I suppose you are an employee at Apple and you had the power to cause people problems on purpose. Good joke. :rolleyes: ;)

6. macstatic macrumors 6502a

I realize it's while since this thread was started, but did anyone ever figure out a solution to the problem?

I'm running Safari 2.04 with MacOS 10.4.10.
    (I haven't upgraded because MacOS 10.4.11 stops the "page transition" effect in the Shiira 1.x web browser) -and as far as I know you need to go beyond MacOS 10.4.10 to be able to install/use Safari 3 (which I assume doesn't have this bug any longer, being quite an obvious one).