Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
THIS STILL HAPPENS

It has been happening since my iPhone 2G, and its November 14 as I post this with an iPhone 4. Still THE SAME ISSUES in iOS 5. I couldn't answer my girlfriend's call today, I had to call her back.

BrettJB

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
Possible solution ?!?

I have read elsewhere that this problem comes into play when you upgrade your phone. When doing an install, it restores your phone setting etc and brings across with it some settings that mess up the slider.
I believe the only way to fix it is to go to general, reset ALL settings and data, and to set the phone up as a new phone. Problem is you loose all your application data too.
Not sure if this really works - I am having the same problem on my wife's phone (she upgraded) and will give it a try.
Would be good to know if others have tried this already.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
I have read elsewhere that this problem comes into play when you upgrade your phone. When doing an install, it restores your phone setting etc and brings across with it some settings that mess up the slider.
I believe the only way to fix it is to go to general, reset ALL settings and data, and to set the phone up as a new phone. Problem is you loose all your application data too.
Not sure if this really works - I am having the same problem on my wife's phone (she upgraded) and will give it a try.
Would be good to know if others have tried this already.
I had this same aggravating problem on my iPhone 4 and now on my new 4S. I just missed a call yesterday because the damn thing wouldn't slide/unlock.

Lot of shooting in the dark over here too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.