Why does the larger iPad look so ugly compared to the mini?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by tymaster50, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

It looks like a cheap picture frame with some glass in between and it's so heavy and from behind you can see all the cables and wires and stuff. the iPad mini really does look better compared to the the bigger brother.

2. Guest

Lol. Nice try.

Also:

What?

3. macrumors 68040

Check out the iPad 2. Beauty is in the eyes of this devices beholders.

4. thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

on iPads 1 to 3 the 30 pin connector is exposed. Looks un neat. And I was looking at the iPad's in sams club today and the mini seemed more apple like. The iPad was heavy and visually unappealing compared to the mini.

5. macrumors 68040

6. macrumors 65816

AQUADock

So iPads 1-3 look unApple like because they have a Dock connector? Is that it?

7. macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

8. macrumors 6502a

I agree...

Anyway...

The iPad Mini probably looks nicer because of the smaller bezel... I can't wait for the next iPad

9. Guest

Tbh I only come back to these forums because I get laugh out of kooky threads like this.

10. thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I'm talking about when viewing from behind you can see the silver part of the dock connector, that makes it look less neat and the huge bezel area is unappealing when put side by side with an iPad mini. I'm sure if the mini had the same bezel size it wouldn't look attractive either.

11. macrumors 65816

joshwithachance

The iPad mini is better looking because it's actually a design change, and resembles the beautiful iPhone 5. In no way is the 9.7" iPad ugly though... It's just heavy really.

12. macrumors 68040

So the OP bought a mini and now wants to justify it by telling us the iPad is not worthy, nice try. I'll take my fabulous retina screen over the mini.

I had no idea Zboater created 2 accounts. :p

13. macrumors 6502

Could you be more specific?

14. macrumors 68030

Because the basic design is about 3 years old now.

15. thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

who is zboater and I don't need to justify a purchase, I saw them side by side in a store and the large bezel and weight was unappealing. If I wanted an iPad 3 I would just trade in my mini and go get one from walmart for $400 with a $30 gift card.

16. macrumors 6502

Why do my photos look like cheap crap in the smaller, low resolution iPad jr?

17. macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

I've got the mini and of course I think it's a beautiful device, but I don't think the larger iPad is ugly, just larger and thicker - but that's what it takes to get that lovely display (today) and still have such great battery life.

18. macrumors 68040

If the Mini is more appealing, that's fine. But to say the larger ones are ugly?? Man, I can show you some FUGLY andriod tablets. I'm not even sure what adjective I can use to describe some of the shapes and sizes out there.

Geez, Apple didn't need to put lipstick on them to sell all the larger ipads it has. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.