Why does this happen?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by imacintel, Dec 12, 2006.

1. imacintel macrumors 68000

When I open a thread it jumps to a random post( mostly on other pages ) and I am getting sick of it. This happens only when selecting a thread from the box which has the latest thread and the latest post.

Thanx in advance :D

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I assume you are talking about the New Posts page or a particular forum display page (example: MacBook & MacBook Pro). Right?

Which specific link or icon are you clicking on those pages?

3. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

No...I mean this:

Attached Files:

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah mate, maybe show us a picture of the URL on the opened page. Clicking the arrow should take you to the latest post since you last read that thread. Is this what you're pressing? :)

5. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

Sorry, I posted the wrong image. *blushes* Well, I am going to bed now. *yawns* *annoys one last person on MR* *waves bye* *sings so long, farewell* :p

Attached Files:

6. vniow macrumors G4

It's the way the forum software works. If you click on that link it'll take you to the last post in the last thread of that particular forum. The reason it doesn't always take you to the one you want is sometimes someone posts before you click on the link so the thread may be completely different than what it says.