Why does Vista seem a lot like OS X?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Sirin, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Sirin macrumors member

Sirin

Like most of us Mac users, Bill is a Mac addict. Why else would he use it for his personal computer? :p

[​IMG]

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Great photo Sirin. Bill Gates being the wealthiest man in the world naturally wants to use the most advanced computer in the world- hence, he uses a Macintosh! :)

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Jeez, you'd think he'd at least upgrade to a G5. If he'd like to spend some of those billions to spread around some Quads and 30-inchers, I'd be happy to send him my address.

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

One step at a time gauchogolfer. Remember, he is use to using PeeCees, an iMac G4 is a big upgrade as it is. ;) :)

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

He is looking at the cam with such shame and stress...poor poor bill got caught red handed....oh well..vista here we come!

Bless

6. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Yeah he doesn't look happy about it. I wonder how he got caught in that situation?

7. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

lol, well he is surrounded by Macs

8. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

It would be neat to know the story behind the photo.

I'm sure Bill uses a Mac on occasion, just like anyone else sometimes might (as well as Steve Jobs has/does use(d) a PC on occasion - he's just lucky enough not to get caught :eek: )

9. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

yeah, he doesn't look too happy.

but are you sure that's bill, not some guy who looks like bill?

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^ I Was thinking the same thing...he does look like he has been hitting the fridge a little but mehhh who cares;)

Bless

11. ahunter3 macrumors 6502

In all fairness, he might have been doing a walk-through at the Mac Business Unit. (The Office X folks)

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, he's probably thinking, "Why can't we come up with something this good?"

I was assuming that was a very good Photoshop job, but maybe there is a natural explanation. If it is PS, it's excellent -- the flash highlights and shadows all fall where you'd expect them to be.

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I doubt it, that iMac G4 is his and he just got caught using it. ;) :)

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

15. Lacnce macrumors member

I agree.
    I think it's a double.

16. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Me neither.

17. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Haven't you heard?
    Various Improvements Similar To Apple. VISTA.

18. Sirin thread starter macrumors member

Sirin

Actually, he really is. I was there with him. I work with the MBU. It's the frustrated Bill (As you've never seen him before frustrated, that's why he looks "different" :rolleyes: ). He was using Windows when suddenly he had a BSOD. We were there for hours trying to fix the problem. I suggested that we get a different computer. I suggested one that "Out of all the machines he's ever seen that meets that standard". He wasn't too happy when I said that, but he wasn't Ballmer (thank goodness, or I would have had my head torn off :eek:), "Oh well, whatever gets the job done in time for the keynote" he said. I had my camera with me, and seeing that this moment would possibly never come again, I got my camera.... You know the rest... :cool:

19. Sirin thread starter macrumors member

Sirin

Heh, if I gave him a G5, he would get so blown away by it's power, he would quit the company and work for Apple. ;)

Ballmer will be left in charge if that does happen, so for the safety of all of us, I'm not going to do it. ;)

20. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

It's a tragedy that this wasn't an Intel Mac. Even though the pic is of a G4, I still couldn't help myself...

In response to testing out boot camp:

Attached Files:

21. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

It's not the first time he's been seen using or promoting Macs. But I suspect one of these may be fake.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

That last one was a joke on one of MS's keynotes

I think it went something like:
    "We got so drunk that I woke up next to a hooker, and Bill woke up with an Apple computer."

23. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

:D

I really hope Apple pushes Leopard out before the end of the year. That would really kill MS (well not really).

24. HckySo macrumors 6502

HckySo

My friend is convinced Windows is superior. And so do most kids in my school, because my schools only Macs are from like the 1970s. Although every student has a laptop and everyone has Windows other than a few choice people like me who ask for the powerbook. It's crazy because people are looking at Vista and they think its amazing, they don't understand that Mac has been even better for years now. Plus it's funny because all my friend's laptops always break down and they have to go a few days while the school people fix it, although they only have one person who works on Mac fixing and he does nothing but sit at his iMac all day.

25. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

I know for a FACT that the 1st & 3rd pictures are real.

TIME magazine is the source for both #1 & #3.
    The last one is suspect for sure because Bill has NEVER had a physique to match those arms, never! If he did he wouldnt wear sweaters in 27 degree Celcius to show up to court, or other events.