Why Doesn't iMovie Export Sound?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by City of Glass, Apr 25, 2003.

1. City of Glass macrumors member

Apr 21, 2003
    Northern California

I've been trying desperately to export an audio clip I arranged in iMovie to Quicktime, but whenever I do, there is never any sound.

Why is this? What can be done?

Sincerely Yours,

City of Glass
  2. mkubal macrumors 6502a

Jul 22, 2002
    All I can think of is to make sure that the check box is checked next to the audio track you have made. (It's to the right of it on the edge of the window.)

3. MacJagger macrumors newbie

Oct 24, 2002
    I have thee same problem, the boxes are checked everything seems to be fine.
    I exported other projects but there is one project that doesn´t export the audio track
  4. Steradian macrumors 6502

Dec 3, 2002
    San Jose
    What type of sound file is it? Maybe it's not supported by iMovie, try changing it to an Mp3 or other supported file... ( Hope this helped a bit)
  5. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Sep 22, 2002
    New York
    There are so many problems with iMovie 3. I have another one with sound. Sometimes I can't get rid of certain parts of sound in clips. I delete it, it seems as though it's gone, but after an export......it's back!

Fix it Apple!
  6. yoteech macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2003
    reno, NV
    imovie won't export sound to quicktime

Here's your fix, bud. I had the same problem - my video would export without any audio track to quicktime. The enable audio boxes were all checked and still nothing. It's a wicked little bug, but here's the simple solution. Go ahead and export the video in full dv quality to quicktime. Open a new imovie project and import the video you just sent out to quicktime. Now just put the audio tracks back into it and try exporting the whole thing again...it should work - at least it did for me. good luck