why doesnt the iphone have an att logo on it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daisuke07, Nov 10, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

i know itd make it ugly but im just wondering

2. macrumors 601

macduke

Because Steve Jobs pwned Randall Stephenson and made him his bi..... :D

Seriously though, Apple actually cares about aesthetics and I'm sure that was near the top of the agreement. Same reason they don't put Intel stickers on their Macbook lines. People buy Apple because 1. It works and 2. It is made by Apple and looks amazing. The :apple: is a fashion statement. People don't want crappy corporate logos on their beautiful, work of art iPhone.

I'm an art student and that was one of the biggest gripes with my older cell phones. Plus they are usually stamped on cheaply or stickers that peel off leaving weird marks. It was nasty and I hated it! Blah!!

3. macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

i'd have to agree,
    the logo ruins the look of the phone, and apple probably didn't want this.

also, it's sold in so many countries, advertisements and boxs would all have to be different.

4. macrumors member

Sure is...

O2 in the UK.
    3 in Hong Kong.
    etc
    etc
    etc...

Fox

5. macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

This wouldn't be Apple's job. The company (AT&T, O2, you name it) is the one that places this sticker on the phone, not the actual company that produces the phone

6. macrumors regular

Maybe some small-time cellular providers do it themselves. But I guarantee AT&T, Verizon, etc... are not the ones physically putting their logos on the phones. The manufacturers do it.

7. macrumors 6502

I highly doubt they would open every box.. place a ugly sticker and put it back in... I can almost gaurentee apple would have made them sign a agreement saying they wouldn't.... Apple most likely spent a good chunk of change getting this phone designed... they wouldn't want a provider to stick a sticker on...

8. macrumors 65816

Randman

When my screen is on, I see AT&T on the top left menubar. That's enough labeling, don't you think?

9. macrumors 6502

as a consumer yes... this is the first cell phone I've had that doesn't have the carrier logo on it anywhere besides on the screen...

10. macrumors 6502a

millar876

the same reason macs don't have a fugly 'Intel inside' sticker on them

11. macrumors 603

I'm assuming it was part of Apple's terms for a contract. I really have no idea why phone companies feel the need to brand the freaking phones in the first place. Does anybody using a phone not know who their service is through?

12. macrumors regular

It's not for the subscriber, it's for other people to see.