Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
I've got the iStat Pro 4.92 widget on my 2012 iMac, but for some reason the CPU temp doesn't show up. Is this normal? Is it ever going to show up?

It wasn't showing up when I got the computer last December, and it doesn't show up today. Became curious again since I installed the Premiere Pro CS6 trial, did an export test, and noticed that for once the fan finally started speeding up. This never happened with CS5.5.

Mac32

Suspended
Nov 20, 2010
I've got the iStat Pro 4.92 widget on my 2012 iMac, but for some reason the CPU temp doesn't show up. Is this normal? Is it ever going to show up?

It wasn't showing up when I got the computer last December, and it doesn't show up today. Became curious again since I installed the Premiere Pro CS6 trial, did an export test, and noticed that for once the fan finally started speeding up. This never happened with CS5.5.

The guy that made this software hasn't updated it to support the latest iMac models. I emailed him about this two times several months ago and never got an answer, and still there's no update. Had I known this then, I wouldn't have given him my money... Still it's a very good monitoring program, apart from the lack of CPU support.

PS: I'm using iStat Menus, which also has the same issue.

Last edited:

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
The guy that made this software hasn't updated it to support the latest iMac models. I emailed him about this two times several months ago and never got an answer, and still there's no update. Had I known this then, I wouldn't have given him my money... Still it's a very good monitoring program, apart from the lack of CPU support.

When I first saw that the CPU doesn't show up, I just expected it would come in an update.

Well this sucks then :(

Are there any alternatives? Personally I'd rather not replace iStat Pro, at least, not for one of those menubar things that show the temps, but would be useful to just get a temporary app.

Mac32

Suspended
Nov 20, 2010
When I first saw that the CPU doesn't show up, I just expected it would come in an update.

Well this sucks then :(

Are there any alternatives? Personally I'd rather not replace iStat Pro, at least, not for one of those menubar things that show the temps, but would be useful to just get a temporary app.

Temperature Gauge on App Store is good. It doesn't have the same great interface like iStat Pro, but has better CPU support (not perfect though).

fuchs

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2016
Germany

To whom it may concern:
Only today I found the solution to my similar problem in the thread:
iStat Pro replacement?
Replacement for iStat Pro, post #98

zepman‘s post has helped me a lot and now my Mac mini (2014) with El Capitan shows processes, temperatures and many more items. Give it a try, I'm sure it will help.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.