why don't calendars scroll?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whyrichard, Mar 29, 2007.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hey,

always bothered by this... i mean... i do not experience time as monthes, so much as i do by days, linear (usually) flow....

...so why don't calendars scroll!!!

r.

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I can honestly say I taken aback by that question. They don't scroll because that's not necessarily a logical way to view a calendar?

People tend to like to view months as a single entity. If you create this really long string of days, the "one month at a time" thing kinda breaks down.

I think it might be useful to some, and certainly useful as an OPTION for how to present a calendar, but on the whole, I'd think most people like the one-month-at-a-time view.

3. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

for me, time is today, the week present and then next few weeks. if i'm at the end of the month the monthly view breaks down.

small deal but i wish i could write an ical plugin to scroll through the weeks instead of jump through the months.

r.

4. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

They're out there

There are programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, that follow your logic. You can go to month view and just keep scrolling down forever.

I find that it's far too easy to lose track of what month or year you're on when using this approach. I much prefer iCal's approach. I always know where I'm at.

:)