Why don't retina MBPs say "MacBook Pro" on the screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zuckuss00, Dec 9, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I'm just curious,

Why don't the new 13" and 15" retina MacBook Pros say "MacBook Pro" on the bottom on the screen bezel like every other MacBook dating back has had? There seems to be enough space for the lettering, I wonder why Apple chose to pull the branding. I know it's minuscule, however, it just bothers me because I'm use to seeing it there and it looks strange without it. Anyone agree?

[​IMG]

2. macrumors 68040

MCAsan

Nope. It is not needed for any functions and therefore not in keeping with minimalist design.

3. macrumors P6

dukebound85

yet it is there on the classic mbps that were recently updated..

4. macrumors 6502

UnixMac

interesting, I just noticed that.... my last 17" MBP did say it. I guess they decided to get rid of any clutter.

5. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

6. macrumors 6502

boto

Maybe it is to differentiate the two units or possibly because the classic MBPs still use 2 panels of glass, while the rMBP uses 1? Despite whatever the reason, I personally like it clean without the title. I can easily determine who else has a rMBP around me and it won't distract me.

7. macrumors 68040

probably because they would need to write "macbook pro with retina display"..and that wouldn't look very minimalist

8. macrumors 6502a

luffytubby

I love it's not there. Logos everywhere sucks. The product speaks for itself. I don't need text off the screen. The logo on the back is such a powerful statement

9. macrumors 68040

calderone

No need for it, glad it is gone.

10. macrumors regular

I am glad that MacBook pro has evolved to a stage that doesn't require label.
    :cool:

11. macrumors 68040

MCAsan

Exactly. Does iMac need a label on the front?

12. macrumors member

Are you one of those guys a year ago upset the the iPhone 4s looked like the 4 and wouldnt give others visual queues that you had the latest hardware?