Why has Apple become such a tool?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Superlat, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superlat macrumors member

The only desktop option is a MacPro that takes up approx 40 times as much space in the same old monster box and starts at $2499, with some of the same phantom 'issues' of all
    the computers with these wintel chips.

I dont want my computer integrated with my monitor, thanks very much, so no iMac. I dont get why Apple has been sitting on its airs for six months now with the same product line. Dont count the firestarter macbooks into the equation. Those rev As were an abomination and I've used the newest models. They're still far from perfect, and they still heat up like a microwave burrito when you do serious multimedia. Thats called CYA only.

Would it kill them to make a mid-size great-looking NEWBOX desktop with a dual core option for 1k-$1500 options with a DECENT graphics card and like a 500gig HD, especially when all those
    parts are selling at discounts these days? They could pull it off, and dont tell me choosing a new box would take more than an afternoon, so why dont they? Cuz we're suckers?

Granted, love those HD slots in the Macpro, but what else lately? Throw in the fact that FCP 4.5 wont run on a new MacbookPro and that I get weird graphics ghosting inside of imovie and iDVD, and you really start wondering about Apple's superiority. All Apple cares about is its overpriced, whoops-I-Just-lost-$500 iphones and ipods anymore. I, a content CREATOR, as opposed to a slack-jawed content USER, need some attention too, beotches. Apple is ignoring the group that saved his company from annihilation, but thats par in corporate America, so I'm not really....:confused

2. Queso macrumors G4

You really want a 3.2GHz Pentium D over a Core Duo? :confused:

3. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

You don't know much about processors if you think that's comparable to Core 2 Duo chips.

Yeah, the mini needs an update. As for the rest of your post...grow up and write coherently. By the way, what are these "hack wintel chips" you speak of in the Mac Pro? Not the incredible Core 2 Duo Xeons? Why don't you just go buy your $99 last-generation chip and be happy.

4. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

...but 3.2GHz is faster than 2.3GHz, remember? ;)

5. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Well...as a content creator, I hope you knew about the $199 crossgrade offer from FCP 4.5 to the full suite of Final Cut Studio 5.1 Universal...it expired yesterday.

6. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

I agree with what you are trying to say about the lack of a midrange, I expected Conroe to see the birth of a "normal" mac. But Apple doesn't give a damn apparently and we're out to lunch.

*All corporations jack you. It's what they do. ;)

7. Superlat thread starter macrumors member

response

OK, I've been a little out of the loop. I must have the chips confused.
    Still, their offerings and behavior have been far from optimal. $199 crossgrade? Video editing isnt rocket science, and thats an outrageous percentage of the cost new for what was basically their screwing around (again) with the platform. The mini-to-macpro offerings still suck, and their software prices are hilarious. Not to mention the universally-hated iTunes. Glad I still have my
    old desktop with an original mp3 conversion program that, guess what, doesnt
    screw up all my files. Got lots of friends who have bought albums online, yes acutally bought them, and iTunes loses them, poof! bye-bye.

8. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

Yeah, the software prices, especially that of the universally hated iTunes are awful. If you don't like it, don't use it, don't bitch about it here.

9. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

I am not sure if you are trying to pick a fight enroute to voicing your demand for a cheaper desktop, but it sure sounds like it. You talk smack about hardware, hardware-pricing, software, and software pricing. If you don't like any of it, why are you even in the market for a new Mac? That being said, yes, a screen-less iMac would be a nice addition.

10. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You must live in a parallel universe. :D

11. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Well...having upgraded from FCP 4 to 5.1 plus getting Motion and DVD Studio Pro thrown in with an upgrade that lets FCP run native on Intel Macs for $199. As a content creator...you have to remember that it's not the % of new cost that's important. It's valuable features + increased performance = time saved = money earned that ultimately matters.

12. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Hehe yes. Hell I remember the days when that was true, finding out it wasn't really threw me when I was building a new desktop this time last month. Things never stay simple.

13. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Yes they do, always...Chuck Norris said so...

14. Superlat thread starter macrumors member

15. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

Superlat, I am glad you changed your original post, because it was pretty damned insulting. You still never answered the question, are actually interested in Apple hardward, or did you just come here to bash?? I am not trying to pick a fight or anything. Seriously? What is your agenda?

16. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

17. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Well if they were smart...which doesn't sound likely. They would save the receipts that are emailed to you and if there were a problem they would contact apple. DEE DEE DEE!:p

18. JAT macrumors 603

Funny, I thought dem content "creators" did pretty well and could afford a real machine to create stuff.

19. compudude86 macrumors newbie

compudude86

all of what you have described have been the same issues users of "wintels" have faced for the past 15 or so years. and now apple has it too now that its machines are in other words an all-intel powered desktop PC in a macintosh branded plastic case. i hope this doesnt last long, the first time they build another (which may not happen) powerpc mac, ill be camping outside my local apple store to buy it the minute it arrives. but until then, im gonna be using my classic macs, and welcome to the PC world they asked everyone to switch from. steve really messed up on this one.

20. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

The agenda is what you suggested. Just another MS inspired (paid) anti-Apple campaigner. This group just recycles issues which are debated here, casts Apple as the villain, and lets the BS fly. If you follow these threads, you will usually see a coconspirator chime in with support, to give the thread more appearance of 'universal' agreement. I started reading this forum in 2004. It seems like the negative campaigning really started taking-off ~18 months ago. It is in full swing now. I suspect a large part of the 'complaint' posts are actually complete fabrications, or highly embellished.

The MS posters are not too bright and are easily detected. I am disappointed they and their sponsor stoop to such low-brow tactics, rather than building a better product, and charging a reasonable amount for it. But, that is not their way. MS wants to be the only game in town and use that position to exploit their customers. Maybe that was 'fun and games' when they were college boys. It seems like they have never been able to put that behind them.

21. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

$199 outrageous price?

You sir, are a troll. If you want cheap, visit your local Dell retailer. Macs are high class computers for high class people. Guess you have just excluded yourself.

The Mac Pro is such a great machine for its money, everybody I've asked, PC fanatics included, agree that the Mac Pro is cheap for what it gives.

22. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

What? Why would you rather have a PPC Mac? They aren't faster, they can't run Windows/Some Distro of Linux....the get update less(the PPC chips), there not cooler(again the chips...I'm looking at your G5!).

Basicly the Intel Chips allow Apple to make all around bette Macs, just because PC uses, doesn't make them bad.

Even if you didn't like Intel as much as PPC, why would you switch to PCs? If there both the same hardware, then the only thing is software...did you really buy a Mac because it ran of PPC hardware? Is so there are still ways to get PPC hardware and run linux on it.

You seem like on of those people who won't do something, because everyone else is. You don't base what you doing on if you think its cool, just because other people like you, you can't. You want to feel like a repel. That what you come off as, you might not be, but thats what it feels like. Or your a troll.

23. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

Check the Megahertz myth and you'll want the Core Duo after reading that.

24. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Yeah. Thank god Intel finally decided to build a good processor.

Pentium > Celeron
    PowerPC > Pentium
    Core 2 Duo > Everything

I like to tell people with this mentality that uniqueness itself is a weak selling point. Every s**t I take is one of a kind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.