Why havn't any of the ship dates of G5 Powermacs been extended?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Ph4lynx, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Ph4lynx macrumors member

Is there any special reason that none of the normal signs of coming updates (Discounts, Long Ship Dates, Unavailablity), except for the long time since the last one, have been evident in the G5 powermacs. Are we indeed going to get an update, or a better question would be, should I buy now?

2. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

I'm guessing June for PM updates. I have no special inside info. If they do come sometime soon, I wouldn't expect anything more than a small speed bump. Just my opinion.

3. vtprinz macrumors 6502

People here will speculate everything from next week to June. But no one really knows.

There was a little spurt of hope when the PMs first went to same day shipping, with the idea that if IBM is having better success with getting the chips out then we could see an update. That was about a month ago...

I very much hope we'll see an update sometime in March. I've been waiting for months to buy. But I really don't know. I don't want anything major (though it would of course be nice). Even the dual 1.8 would probably be more than enough for my needs, it's just that I don't like to buy something that could be updated any day. If I can get something better for the same price, or even get the same computer for much cheaper, than I can't justify buying now (I don't NEED the computer right now, but it would be damn nice to have it already)