Why I'm An Idiot

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bobber205, Dec 27, 2006.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

:eek:

God. Sometimes I wonder how I get along.

I turned 18 this last march. I moved to oregon and registered to vote. On november 21st, I got a letter from the capital of Oregon, Salem, that I was to fill out a form and main within five days of postmark (21st of nov).

Later on it says to report 1/3/2007 for other activies, including another questionnaire.

I must have got busy/confused with the second questionnaire and thought that I would fill the form out when I got there.

There's one catch. I have class soon after the 3rd, the 8th. What do I do?! What should I say to get out of it? I can't afford to miss CLASS! And my on campus job for how many days it takes. It's only 10 bucks a day! :eek:

So... what do you guys think? Can I get out of it? Did they forget about me (lol) since I didn't send it that form?

:eek:

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Call them up and tell them. Being a student gets you out of almost everything.

Jury duty, $$$$$$medical insurance, etc.

Being a student rocks.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I'm thoroughly confused by your post...is this a jury duty summons of some sort? If so, you can almost always use a student deferral until a vacation period.

4. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

The top of the letter says "Jury Summons".

I hope I can get out of it. I have always wanted to serve on a jury. If it comes during the summer I would fight to do it. ;) *just kidding*

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

yeaaa, you can definitely set that off. Call them up and tell them or maybe there's a little form to fill out and send.

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Okay, yes, you can get out of jury duty if you are a student. Depending on how things work in your area, you can either get excused entirely or get a deferral to the nearest significant vacation period. Contact the folks who sent you the letter and see what you need to do at this point in order to receive the excused/deferred status.

Edit: That's twice, kt...you'd better watch your back! :D

7. hana macrumors regular

To put my 2 cents in here.... here in Terminator land.... I recall quite a few college students answering my "So what are you doing this summer?" question with ... "Well, first I have to serve jury duty."

So deferral was only till the summer.

8. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

The deferral sounds ok.

It's weird I didn't get any call or anything about my retarded decision to put off the letter... :rolleyes:

Hmm.

9. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I've been permanently excused from jury duty. My psychiatrist sent in a letter. :D

10. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

Whew....

Turns out the defendant turned in a plea and the case has ended.

Oh. Btw. It was a death penalty case. :eek: