Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
So at $300 now way but They dropped to $149.99 at Best Buy So at half price I figured why not. Beats Studios Wired. Being curious I go to Beats.com and any mention of the wired Beats Studios has been taken off Beats.com a product which was $300 a week ago and the best seller in it category. What gives ?

Reactions: Imperius*Rex

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Well, if the rumors are true that the next iPhone will not have a wired headphone jack then that's a strong sign they want to clear out the wired headphone inventory to start selling more wireless headphone inventory. Or wired headphones with Lightning cables.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
Well, if the rumors are true that the next iPhone will not have a wired headphone jack then that's a strong sign they want to clear out the wired headphone inventory to start selling more wireless headphone inventory. Or wired headphones with Lightning cables.
But wireless headphones just don't sound as good as wired you can stream HD Audio over Bluetooth. And Apple as of yet is not supporting aptX HD

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
I'm sure it just so they can release a lightning version or so they can try to bring up sales of bluetooth versions, like the Solo2 that's coming with Macs for back to school currently

xSinghx

Suspended
Oct 2, 2012
In fairness if you care about audio quality one has to wonder why you're using Beats headphones.

2nd this^

Plus I have to wonder how much business the higher end model Beats actually do as they mostly appeal to mid-low price market know-nothing consumers. Hopefully Apple will just discontinue the higher end models to the satisfaction of many.

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
2nd this^

Plus I have to wonder how much business the higher end model Beats actually do as they mostly appeal to mid-low price market know-nothing consumers. Hopefully Apple will just discontinue the higher end models to the satisfaction of many.

Brand aspiration and peer group purchases are a hell of a thing - I mean, we're on an Apple forum so people should be just as aware of that (while defending it as 'quality' 'service' etc of course - exactly as Beats enthusiasts do).

You see a bit more variety these days since we seem to be past Peak Beats, but it's still a Beatsfest out there on my commutes - and not the lowest end ones either. Despite fakes, other choices, etc I'm sure Apple is still making bank on the mid to higher-end models, and the Pros are an important part of the image that Beats is selling. Look at studios using Beats (yes they do) and artists prominently featured recording with one, and it's pretty much always a Pro.

The Studios were never 'studio' phones so they'll likely be retooled to be Lightning / wireless.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.