Why is iPad doing this?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kathryne_B, Jan 27, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Hello everyone,

Ok here is the thing. I basically get on the net using my iPad via AT&T. I can access everything, except for this one board. If I am at home using the wifi connection, I have no problem whatsoever, but the minute I disconnect and use AT&T, when I try to login to the board, I get an error message, telling me I need to use my screen name and password. I've tried and tried, but w/o success. So, basically, I can't get into that board if I'm on the road. I went to the help forum at the board I'm trying to connect and someone there told me that it the board cookie issue and AT&T conflicting with each other. I tried contacting AT&T, but they make it so difficult to get an answer. Would anyone here happen to know a work-around this problem or how I can resolve this? I'd be much obliged. TIA!

2. macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

This may seem easy, but have you tried telling your iPad to accept all cookies?

Settings>Safari>Accept Cookies>Always.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Hey HazyClould, thank you for answering my post. Yes, I have the box checked on my iPad telling it to accept all cookies. Thanx again.

4. HazyCloud, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013

macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Have you tried using a different browser like Chrome or Mercury? If those don't work, I'm not not sure what else to try.

5. macrumors demi-god

Gav2k

Have you tried using another wifi network?

6. macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

It works on Wi-Fi, just not AT&T's network. This may be an issue that can't be fixed.

7. macrumors demi-god

Gav2k

Apologies I miss read. Have you tried calling AT&T ?

Over here a phone or iPad will be blocked depending on network for certain content.

8. macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Do you have an AT&T phone you could use? Either yours or a friends? Just to see if it is AT&Ts network.

9. thread starter macrumors member

Thanx all for all your help. I'm sorry I'm late in posting this. It had to do with AT&T. I wrote to them and they fixed whatever was interfering with my being able to get on. I can get on using my iPad. Have a great day all! Thanx again!