why is my clock freezing ?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by DangerDiabolik, Jan 19, 2004.

1. DangerDiabolik macrumors member

so up top i'll catch my time stuck sometimes...usually happens really late at night ( like now 3:44, but its realy 4:04 )

I run my mouse over the clock/ichat/volume icons and i get the spinny rainbow. I cant still get the drop down menus though for any app, or my finder.

I'll open my system preferances and it will be the correct time ?

if i restart i'm fine but its just annoying...only started happening a little bit ago.

puzzling.

anyway , anyone with any info woudl be great.

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Tried deleting the prefs?

com.apple.MenuBarClock.plist (in~/Library?Prefernces...

Maybe a permission problem? Try fixing them. (use Disk Utilily - disk first aid - repair permissions)

3. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

or

try relaunching the finder.

use the force quit option:
    Apple+option+esc

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Relaunching the Finder won't do anything. Everything on the top right hand corner, eg. clock, volume control, ect., is controlled by a separate program called SystemUISe. It sometimes acts up, and you get the spinning beach ball. I have no idea how to fix it though.

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    well if you have exhausted the prefs, permissions, relaunch, you could always try...ugh i can't believe im saying this...reboot

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

This has been happening to me as well, 10.3.2.

The clock froze today and I was late to class. However I did find that putting the computer to sleep and waking it up will fix the clock prob.

7. geerlingguy macrumors 6502a

geerlingguy

I would guess it's just a software bug that you'll have to deal with. Never had it happen to me, though.

You could try (if you have the time and spirit) Archiving and Reinstalling the system to see if the problem persists. Do you have any other menu bar items besides the clock (like 3rd party freeware... MenuMeters, iTunes Controller, Battery meter, etc.)? These could cause a Menubar freezup.