Why is my iPhone 4 taking so long to charge?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kclarke, Jun 9, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 9, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Last night my battery was down to about 35% so I plugged the phone in, turned it off and left it to charge. It was plugged in for 11 hours and when I turned it on it still wasn't fully charged! It was only at 98%! Any ideas why? I have my charger plugged into a powerbar with other stuff and I was thinking that might have something to do with it. Any replies are appreciated :)
  2. macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2011
    Buffalo, New York
    i find that mine charges slower on a power bar or off a computer. I usually plug it in directly from the outlet. Try doing a reboot as well. The battery will sometimes get stuck at a high number when its really full.
  3. macrumors member

Apr 15, 2011
    try plugging it into the wall and then turn the phone off. let it charge for a couple of hours. Seems there are both a hardware based as well as software based charging algorithm that gets funked. turning off the phone i guess bypasses the software aspect and the battery just tops off completely. seems to work for me and i usually do this about once a month.
  4. macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    Just reboot the phone and it should show the actual 100%.