Why is my Pbook buzzing when it charges?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Daedalus256, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Daedalus256 macrumors 6502

I just noticed this last night but, whenever my powerbook is plugged into it's P-P-P-POWERBRICK, I hear a very faint buzzing sound. It immediately stops once it's running on battery power. Is this thing going bad? Is this a known issue? If this thing is dying I think I'm going to need someone to kick in the teeth.

2. Daedalus256 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've actually like triple checked with guys at the apple store about my battery and it isn't part of the recall batch.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's all the electrons running from the wall into your PowerBook. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Have you just noticed it or has it suddenly got worse?

4. Spectrum macrumors 6502a

Spectrum

What happens if you take out the battery (while it's plugged in, obviously) ?

5. Daedalus256 thread starter macrumors 6502

When I take it out, I still hear it.

Also, and I remember a thread on this a while back, it just started sounding like a lightsaber when I move it.

6. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

My 17" PowerBook has been buzzing ever since I got it back in August of 2005. It only does it with the AC Adapter plugged in. I think its access noise coming through the speakers. Its not a big deal to me and my PowerBook works fine and has been ever since I got it. So I wouldn't worry about the noise.

7. Nspace macrumors regular

My 15" makes a bit of a high pitched buzz when the cpu performance is set to high in the preferences. Check that, perhaps its going to a lower performance setting when its on batteries. I would plug it in and try change the setting to see if you still hear it.

Of course I could be refering to a totally different sound all together but its worth a try.