Why is Safari asking to store my Gmail password?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by devburke, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Guest

I only have AutoFill set to use info from my Address Book card. So why does Safari prompt me to store my Gmail password in my keychain?

Attached Files:

2. Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

It says the information is in your keychain, not in Safari. Safari just wants to access it. Maybe keychain has it from a local Google app you have installed like Google Desktop or Google Notify. Open up Keychain to see more info on what Google item you have there.

3. macrumors newbie

I googled for a keychain access issue and it brings me to this post. Details of my issue is as below (the person posting it is not me but I got the same problem)

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10953469

"when i added a google calendar caldav ical account, it stored the login info in my login keychain. now, every time i attempt to login into google for anything, safari prompts for keychain access. if i allow it, it autofills the caldav user/pass info which is not necessarily the info i want to use to login. has anyone found a way around this annoyance? if only keychain had an "always deny" option... "

What the karapolice and I want is to stop safari from accessing the specific keychain information for CalDAV, while keeping other keychain access same as usual. Is it possible to do that?
    :confused:

4. macrumors 6502a

pit29

I think you can make some settings when you enable the detail view of the alert asking for permission?

5. macrumors newbie

Thanks Pit29 but I really don't see there's anything I can make change......any specific stuff that I can try. Many thanks.

6. macrumors newbie

Push. Any keychain expert here that could offer help? :(

7. macrumors G4

Use the Keychain Access utility to Google entry.

8. macrumors newbie

If you go to Safari -> Preferences -> Autofill and uncheck all the boxes, it will stop prompting you for keychain access.

9. thread starter Guest

That works, but what if I want Safari to keep doing autofill for info in my address card?