Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emac82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Atlantic Canada
The last few days it seems like these forums are very slow. I have been on it on a few different computers, so I know it's not my Internet or computer.

Like, when I click reply it can take like 30 seconds to pop up, and when I hit submit it takes forever..

Is anyone else having this problem? Is this normal?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
We had a couple of problems a few days ago, but as far as I know, everything has been straightened out. The forums have been pretty snappy for me all day.

Linky

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
Heavy traffic currently because the ad and they were having problems which were resolved.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The server load is running pretty high right now and is still rising. So yes, there may be some sluggishness in the short-term. But things are still pretty good for me.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
made some adjustments.

it was a combination of the iPhone ad and another story dugg directly into a forum thread.

Should be ok for now...

Attachments

• Picture 46.png
    Picture 46.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 109

emac82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
Atlantic Canada
I find it is still running slow. Like, when I clicked on this thread to check to see who responded, it took at least 15 seconds to load, and that's a long time. If it was just my computer then I wouldn't be complaining, but even when I reply to a post it gives me an error?

Edit: When I clicked "submit post" It was 20 seconds to actually post this message.

Is it just me?

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
its not just you, but when 2 stories get to the front page of digg, normally that would crash a server!

Arn, Why didn't you digg the stories?? lol :p ;)

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
its not just you, but when 2 stories get to the front page of digg, normally that would crash a server!

Two stories pointing to macrumors.com wouldn't have hurt the site much. The front page can handle a lot of traffic.

It was the direct link into the forums in addition to a popular front page story (which also drove people into the forums).

The forums are database heavy, and while relatively well optimized, but it can only handle so much traffic in a burst.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.