WHY ISN'T IT MOVING!?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Shacklebolt, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Shacklebolt macrumors 6502a

Shacklebolt

Last week, I ordered a 1.67ghz, 1gbram, 128vram, 100gb 15" powerbook. I got an email saying it shipped on the 21st, and that i could track it using UPS. It's now the 25th, and the THING IS STILL IN SHANGHAI (spelling). All is says is that there's been an "origin scan" and a "departure scan." Is it shipping over here by boat or something? Why the hell is it taking so long? WHERE IS MY FRIGGIN' LAPTOP?!?!?!

2. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

This might be good news. Either they are giving it more memory or updating the specs (unlikely) or they are pre-installing Tiger on it (likely).

The key word is "might".

3. SurfinSHELL23 macrumors regular

Several of us had delays in Shanghai with our Mac mini's when they were released. Felt like they all were on the same plane - but apparently there was some celebration going on in China that was equal to our Christmas and Thanksgiving time. I was happy because the ship date far exceeded the expected ship date, which was about a month out from when I ordered it. I still got the Mac mini well before when I expected to get it when I ordered, so I was a happy camper. Hang in there. :)

-Brian

4. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

Fedex doesn't update as often over the weekend.............

5. Shacklebolt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shacklebolt

Kentucky!

Okay, after 4 long days, the laptop just appeared in Louisville. How it got there, who knows. Maybe it was teleported. Maybe it was shipped piece by piece. Whichever, I hope it's here by Wednesday.

6. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

Suspense must be building eh!

Think of it this way, from now until you get it, this is the only time you will be anticpiating recieving a new laptop... for a while.

Make the most of the feeling, just like christmas.

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

I recommend bran. You should be feeling alright again within 2 days.

8. Montserrat macrumors regular

If that fails...

You could try a concoction of Movicol, Senna and Lactulose.

9. brett_x macrumors newbie

or Cheese

I think he needs Cheese. It goes well with whine.

10. emw macrumors G4

emw

C'mon now, we've all been frustrated with shipping of things. Especially things we really want. You should've heard me when my iPod was delayed 3 days over New Year's when the delivery guy decided to go home without finishing his run!

Hopefully everything will get there on schedule - with Tiger - this week.

11. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

I hear ya!

My powerbook sat in shanghai for like 5 days aswell. Finally I now have an ETA of tomorrow for it. I'm not holding my breath though!

Btw. The european tracking via Kuhne and Nagel sucks. Is completely unclear.

Fingers crossed it'll arrive tomorrow. And if it does I'd better be home to accept it!

12. sinisterdesign macrumors 6502

sinisterdesign

apart from the larger hard drive, that's the same laptop i purchased a few weeks ago. fun little machine, i know you'll enjoy it.

i couldn't take the wait, so i purchased mine at Fry's and grabbed a RAM upgrade while i was there. unfortunately, i had the machine flipped upside down on a table while installing the RAM and put a nasty scratch on the front of the case. :mad: i didn't even get to turn the damn thing on before i put a blemish on it!

enjoy it....

13. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Pics please :p

14. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

I'll take your experience as a word of warning. I have 1 gig of ram waiting for the powerbook here too. I'll be using a nice soft towel to place the powerbook on
    :D

15. sinisterdesign macrumors 6502

sinisterdesign

yes, please heed my warning. use something softer than a menu at a local bar that has a chunk of salt or maybe a shard of diamond on it...