Why it's anti-Christian to use Apple

Discussion in 'Community' started by urban1985_, Feb 5, 2005.

1. urban1985_ macrumors regular

http://objective.jesussave.us/propaganda.html

"That's right, new Macs are based on Darwinism! While they currently don't advertise this fact to consumers, it is well known among the computer elite, who are mostly Atheists and Pagans. Furthermore, the Darwin OS is released under an "Open Source" license, which is just another name for Communism. They try to hide all of this under a facade of shiny, "lickable" buttons, but the truth has finally come out: Apple Computers promote Godless Darwinism and Communism."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This wasn't meant to offend Christians or anybody. I'm trying to show how ridiculous this site is. I'm sure there are Christians who use Macs and agree with me on how stupid this claim is.

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I've see something like this before. I think that the first thing I should point out is that Charles Darwin not once questioned creation or God in his theories. He merely suggested that over time a species may slightly evolve to become better suited to it's surroundings based on natural selection. It's other scientists that came up with the tripe the life evolved from bacteria, probably make Darwin roll in his grave. so before you even get to any Mac talk, the article is totally and obviously BS.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

A) Your link doesn't work
    B) This is an extremely old story
    C) It's a spoof, a piss-take. The joke's on you...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Let's not start this here...Really.

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Sorry, I guess I should have simply reminded Urban that not searching is far more anti-Christian than using Apple will ever be. This article has already been posted here no less than three times, I just did a simple search for "apple darwinism"

6. urban1985_ thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm someone just told me about it. How would I know it if I'm new to Macs AND why would I ever even think of this connection? I didn't mean to iconvenience anyone. If it's a repost why didn't you jut ignore it.

Also, someone said that site's been updated.

7. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    The link doesn't work for me either - perhaps those rabid Christians don't want to allow those on the other side of the pond to read their site.

How are you to know that it's old or a joke? The joke part I'll leave to your own conclusion - sometimes things are obvious, sometimes less so.

The old part - well, unless you find a 'top secret' email in your inbox from Apple saying that you have been selected to take part in the beta trial to check the new PB G5s don't spontaneously combust, or the date on the webpage suggests that it's only just (and we're talking minutes not hours here) gone up, you're best off having a quick search (on the URL, on the topic) and see if anything pops up. If not, and it still turns out to be old, at least you can say that you tried.

Incidentally, this isn't a dig at you - I'd say the majority of posters on the board get overwhelmed by the thrill of discovery (for them at least) and post immediately without checking first.

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

5 seconds worth of Googling of the title & 10 secs of searching the forum would have told you about this story...

Still, this doesn't excuse my unnecessarily nasty and bad-tempered over-reaction.

Very sorry... little sleep, overworked, etc. I'm not usually this ratty...
    Please accept my apology.

9. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

lmao

I am a Christian and this is without a doubt the most absurd thing I have ever read.

Thanks for sharing. It made my day.

10. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Ya, been around at least since 2002 (article) http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/04/22/apple_promotes_godless_darwinism/

The real question remains: "which OS will the AntiChrist use?" ;)

"We are here to make a dent in the universe. Otherwise, why even be here? -Steve Jobs"

Actually, I would prefer taking dents out of the universe...always preferred a smooth chassis.

11. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Oups...

I have found a leak from the next Apple campaign!

Attached Files:

12. urban1985_ thread starter macrumors regular

Ah no harm done. I was over excited and I didn't know what to think of it so I rushed on here. This place is always good for answerind Apple-related stuff.