Why? (iTunes under Windows)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chef Medeski, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

I have this recurring problem. I'm running iTunes off my 10.4.2 mac computer. And after opening it once, and closing iTunes. It reopens. I mean I can't quit out without it opening itself back up.???? Help its tedious and a waste of processor.

2. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

You mean your running Windows under Virtual PC you you close iTunes then it reopens? Or you close out of VPC and it reopens? :confused:

3. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I'm with vniow, "huh?" Your first sentence is ok, but then you start running into problems. You can't run Windows on a system that runs OS X.4. You can Virtual PC and load Windows, is that what you are trying to say?

Ok, then, your next sentence isn't a sentence. It has no subject. After opening what once? What happens when you close iTunes? Ah, your next sentence, It reopens, while technically a sentence, doesn't really say much. What reopens? iTunes I am guessing?

All in all your post doesn't really describe what you are having a problem with very well. To use a great quote from a great movie: "You gonna have to come a little more specific with that".

4. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

ok, another question here....if you are indeed running virtual PC on a 10.4.2 mac. why the hell are you using itunes in windows?!?!

5. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

How about we forget the why this and the what that and answer the question.

I too have had iTunes on occasion re-open after closing it. However, I am doing this under 10.4.2 and not running Windows. It doesn't re-open everytime I quit just some of the time. Maybe a problem iTunes 5.0 (or 4.9.1) will fix? I know its annoying, but if I quit it again it doesn't re-launch so its really not that big a deal........

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm just going to post here to further the "huh?" posts, and so I can check back later to see if anyone has figured this out.

7. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

Like others, I don't completely understand. I had a similar problem running iTunes where it kept reopening. Turns out that an iTunes controller widget in Konfabulator (back in the 10.3 days) kept it open.

Perhaps another program (or widget?) needs access to iTunes and keeps forcing it to reopen.

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I think this is the answer people. Completely ignoring the Windows part, if you have the iTunes widget running in Dashboard, it'll open iTunes each time it is activated, which is pretty annoying.

9. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

I'll say i got rif of that damn widget for that reason. not a problem since

10. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Could it be that you are connecting your iPod (accidently or purposely) and that is causing iTunes to open up after you close it? You can turn that feature off.

11. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

That was happening on my Windows machine with the "FoxyTunes" plugin for FireFox running. Drove me nuts so I finally uninstalled the plugin...has worked fine since!

12. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

13. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't think we can really blame the monkey. That's not very fair.

:D

14. Chef Medeski thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Sorry I accidently wrote Windows isntead of iTunes. I'm running straight from my power book like above. I have a dashboard widget of mini iTunes from Apple the Symphonic song searh and AlbumArt which is from no clue. I trie repeadly to quit it and it enver quits. The weird think is that someitmes it closes sometimes it doesn't I guess I'll monitor my widgets next time I close it. Thanks for the help. Sorry about the confusion.