Why jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by epiciphonehack, Oct 1, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Jul 25, 2011
    Well I just got a new iPad 2 a couple weeks ago, and I'm debating wether or not to jailbreak. I dont even know if it's possible since I'm on 4.3.5. Why should I jailbreak though? I've jailbroken all my iphone, and itouch devices, but my iPad's brand new, and still has warranty. So should I jailbreak, why, and what do you recommend I download once I do. Thanks!

P.S. - Can anyone direct me to a video teaching me how to jailbreak 4.3.5? Downgrading is fine if i have to!
  2. macrumors 68020

Jun 20, 2010
    Well, the only ipad 2 jailbreak only works on 4.3.3. And downgrading isn't possible unless you have SHSH blobs saved from that device for 4.3.3--extremely unlikely, since it's two weeks old. So no, you're not able to jailbreak.

As for why--for the same reason you jailbreak your iPhone--to increase functionality and customize the device to your personal tastes.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Mar 2, 2011
    Unfortunately, there is no jailbreak for 4.3.5 on an iPad 2 right now. Chances are we won't see another JB for a while, til someone (hopefully) cracks open iOS 5.

As for why, I just wrote a rather lengthy blog post on what I use my JB for - see my sig for the link. Basically, it's a lot of little things that all make life on the iPad easier and more pleasant, from darker dimming to making your iPhone apps look better.
  4. macrumors 603

Apr 2, 2009
    Los Angeles Area
    If u have been Jailbreaking your iPhones/Touch then u should know all about (pros and cons) it.