Why jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by epiciphonehack, Oct 1, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Well I just got a new iPad 2 a couple weeks ago, and I'm debating wether or not to jailbreak. I dont even know if it's possible since I'm on 4.3.5. Why should I jailbreak though? I've jailbroken all my iphone, and itouch devices, but my iPad's brand new, and still has warranty. So should I jailbreak, why, and what do you recommend I download once I do. Thanks!

P.S. - Can anyone direct me to a video teaching me how to jailbreak 4.3.5? Downgrading is fine if i have to!

2. macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Well, the only ipad 2 jailbreak only works on 4.3.3. And downgrading isn't possible unless you have SHSH blobs saved from that device for 4.3.3--extremely unlikely, since it's two weeks old. So no, you're not able to jailbreak.

As for why--for the same reason you jailbreak your iPhone--to increase functionality and customize the device to your personal tastes.

3. macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, there is no jailbreak for 4.3.5 on an iPad 2 right now. Chances are we won't see another JB for a while, til someone (hopefully) cracks open iOS 5.

As for why, I just wrote a rather lengthy blog post on what I use my JB for - see my sig for the link. Basically, it's a lot of little things that all make life on the iPad easier and more pleasant, from darker dimming to making your iPhone apps look better.

4. macrumors 603

rgarjr

If u have been Jailbreaking your iPhones/Touch then u should know all about (pros and cons) it.