Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

epiciphonehack

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2011
Arizona
Well I just got a new iPad 2 a couple weeks ago, and I'm debating wether or not to jailbreak. I dont even know if it's possible since I'm on 4.3.5. Why should I jailbreak though? I've jailbroken all my iphone, and itouch devices, but my iPad's brand new, and still has warranty. So should I jailbreak, why, and what do you recommend I download once I do. Thanks!

P.S. - Can anyone direct me to a video teaching me how to jailbreak 4.3.5? Downgrading is fine if i have to!

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Well, the only ipad 2 jailbreak only works on 4.3.3. And downgrading isn't possible unless you have SHSH blobs saved from that device for 4.3.3--extremely unlikely, since it's two weeks old. So no, you're not able to jailbreak.

As for why--for the same reason you jailbreak your iPhone--to increase functionality and customize the device to your personal tastes.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
Unfortunately, there is no jailbreak for 4.3.5 on an iPad 2 right now. Chances are we won't see another JB for a while, til someone (hopefully) cracks open iOS 5.

As for why, I just wrote a rather lengthy blog post on what I use my JB for - see my sig for the link. Basically, it's a lot of little things that all make life on the iPad easier and more pleasant, from darker dimming to making your iPhone apps look better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.