Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

princealfie

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
I still work with my 12" PB because it still has the reasons I bought it for: It's small and powerfull. I didn't even buy it because it was a Mac: I needed a small, portable computer for on the road. OS X would be fun to try, at home where the serious work is done I would still have a fully equipped desktop.

Needles to say, after a month or so I hardly ever used my desktop and was working on the PowerBook (with an external screen, granted) all the time. And now I'm finally looking for a replacement. Not for the PowerBook, which will remain my trusted travel-companion since there is nothing equally small and light available, and it still feels powerfull enough. But my dust-collecting desktop will be replaced, and it will be replaced with a brand new iMac. Yes, I'm addicted now ;)

When do you plan to get your iMac btw? :cool:

Ugg

macrumors 68000
Apr 7, 2003
Penryn
I like the size (why can't people say that instead of using that ungodly and unwieldly phrase "form factor"?)

It's super portable and that's a big plus for me. Sure, I'd like a MBP but the size is a turnoff so until the ultra thin MBP comes out, I'll keep my PB. I am planning on getting a Mini after Leopard is released though. I'd like a little more power when creating DVDs.

princealfie

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
I like the size (why can't people say that instead of using that ungodly and unwieldly phrase "form factor"?)

It's super portable and that's a big plus for me. Sure, I'd like a MBP but the size is a turnoff so until the ultra thin MBP comes out, I'll keep my PB. I am planning on getting a Mini after Leopard is released though. I'd like a little more power when creating DVDs.

A mini for Leopard, wow :)
Of course, I will always keep my 12" PB. I don't plan to sell it.
However, I do plan to have some more Pismo's... :rolleyes:

Hertog

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2005
When do you plan to get your iMac btw? :cool:

I think when Leopard is released, or perhaps if a shiny new upgrade comes along at Macworld. One way or the other, I'll probably know next week. The money is ready and waiting, allthough I must admit waiting is hard.. ;)

princealfie

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
I found the perfectly sized bag for my 12" PB last night. It was a Targus 10.4" DVD player case and the laptop just slips right in. Of course, it won't house any papers very well but it's just perfect for a few accessories.

Very unheavy too.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
I keep my 9" PowerBook Duo for essentially all the reasons given above, plus one extra which is it is very durable.

Perfect companion to my Mac Pro.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Yeah but it doesn't have a USB port so how do you transfer files to another source then?

I've never used USB to transfer anything on any computer I own. For Duo <-> Mac Pro, I just use a single ethernet cable between the two.

On a side note, for Mac Pro <-> something more modern, I usually use FireWire or ethernet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.