Why no 720P from Itunes?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Emrtr4, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Emrtr4 macrumors regular

Does anyone know why we cannot get 720P through itunes for TV shows/ films?

I can download hundreds of HD TV shows, movies, and games on Xbox live, there are dozens of websites that offer 720P or greater films, and i can of course get it through my cable on demand service. In addition, Apple offers 720P content via Movie trailers...
    So does anyone know why Apple doesn't put any 720P content on Itunes, will it really kill their servers that badly?

2. PharmD macrumors 6502

I'm sure it will come along. Apple is probably just waiting for the right time to integrate it. It would certainly help. I was watching a Heroes clip on :apple: TV at an Apple store this evening and it looked sort of bleh.

3. NuDarwin macrumors member

NuDarwin

Apple will start letting you download movies in 720p when a 15 mbps internet connection is the de facto standard. part of apple's success strategy to the movie download service is that it be at least marginally more convienient than going to the video store.

The industry may also have their hand in this. With the advent of blu-ray and hd dvd as a reality, the studios may not want to have competition on the HD level.

4. yadmonkey macrumors 65816

yadmonkey

I hear ya - Xbox live video marketplace has a whole lot of HD content, TV and movies. Until iTunes does, iTV just seems strange to me.