Why no Autofill for other ipods?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CrackedButter, Feb 3, 2005.

1. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Why is the autofill not in use with the other ipods?

I would of thought this would of been a cracking idea for the other ipods, i'm sure with even with those, they cannot hold ALL music.

2. Bear macrumors G3

Suggest it to apple using their feedback mechanism for iTunes.

However, on a larger iPPod, people might want to pick specific play lists and such. It's not as useful on the larger capacity iPods.

BTW, this is the third or fourth (at least) thread requesting such a feature. Requesting features here doesn't do much. Apple has tobe told what people want. And then it has to be doable.

3. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I never noticed these other threads nor was I requesting it. I simply wanted to talk about it.

4. Jeromie macrumors member

I'm not close to filling my 20G up (yet ;) ), so I haven't run into a problem. But if you really wanted an autofill feature, you could make one for yourself from smart playslists. Just set up one playlist that randomly fills up with how much music you want on your ipod. Then have other playlists select from that playlist. Set it to sync only those playlists, and voila! It's more complicated than a simple autofill feature, but the capability is there.